Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : My transparent tar mod
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vinheim
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 300
IP: Logged

File: tarmudgel.rar (4.6 KB)
Downloaded 131 times.
License: Public Domain
icon My transparent tar mod (+12)  
Due to the fact that all the other mods use some dithering technique so you can see which parts of the room are still tarstuff, you can't really see clearly what is underneath the tarstuff. Because of this, there were a ton of secret rooms I've missed here and there in different holds.

To solve this problem, I created my own transparent tar mod. This one is completely see-through, the only thing you can see is the tarstuff's outline so you know which tarstuff it is. Attached are the files you need for this mod.

For the few months I've been using this, I've had no trouble knowing which parts of the room are tarstuff. I did have trouble in one of the Loony Labyrinth rooms where there was tarstuff all over the room except for a big square of trapdoors, but it only took me 2 seconds of looking around to know which parts are tarstuff.

Once you've downloaded these files, unzip them onto your DRoD TCB's Bitmaps folder and in the drod.ini file, find the line:

General=GeneralTiles

and replace it with:

General=GeneralTiles;tarmudgel

[Last edited by vinheim at 12-17-2010 10:17 AM]
12-17-2010 at 02:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: My transparent tar mod (+1)  
Can you post a sample screenshot as well?
12-17-2010 at 09:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
vinheim
icon Re: My transparent tar mod (+1)  
I felt I forgot something >.>

Anyways they're attached now. I think these are good examples. First and third shows how easy it is to tell which parts are tarstuff when they are covering a big area, and the second pic shows a useful situation.
12-17-2010 at 10:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
icon Re: My transparent tar mod (0)  
Looks pretty darn cool!
Nice job.
12-17-2010 at 06:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
selotte
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
I just purchased DROD King Dugan's Dungeon and also got a membership
Can I use transparant Tar on this game. I have looked but canīt
find the files you describe
12-14-2013 at 06:31 PM
vinheim
icon Re: My transparent tar mod (+3)  
Yes you can! I'm using it with Journey to Rooted Hold atm, and there isn't much difference with setting it up. In fact, it's easier than DRoD 4 (which installed the bitmaps folder in a hidden folder).

Just download the files, place it King Dugan's Data/Bitmaps folder, go back to the Data folder and in the drod.ini file, the first few lines say:

[Graphics]
General=GeneralTiles

Replace it with:

[Graphics]
General=GeneralTiles;tarmudgel

12-14-2013 at 09:45 PM
Kulko
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Is it also possible to get this to run with the AE?

In my drod.ini file there is no section on graphics, so I do not know where to put this. I reached alreday level 11, so switching to a newer version of drod would mean replaying all this stuff.
03-08-2014 at 07:18 AM
azb
Rank Points: 460
Bad news for you. This doesn't work with AE. It's supposed to be a TCB thing only and as such, is not suitable for AE or JtRH.

Luckily for you, there's a new level set that makes an Anyone Edit KDD. Search "King Dugan's Dungeon AE" and download robin's level set. You can even skip to Level 25!

[Last edited by azb at 03-09-2014 08:45 PM : Grammar: "and" to "an".]
03-09-2014 at 08:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: My transparent tar mod (+2)  
Actually there is a separate transparency mod for AE available here.

It should also be possible to transfer your saves from AE into a newer version of DROD, if that's what you'd prefer. For more information see this thread

[Last edited by Doom at 03-09-2014 09:33 PM]
03-09-2014 at 09:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : My transparent tar mod
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com