Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : View displacement after alt-tab.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Netriak
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon View displacement after alt-tab. (+1)  
If the windows task bar is on the left or top of the screen, instead of on the bottom or on the right, and the game is in fullscreen mode, alt tabbing into and out of the game results in the view of the game being displaced the width of the taskbar away from it.
So after alt-tabbing back into the game, the taskbar is visible, with the game next to it, with part of the game screen cut off.
If you alt tab again, the display is displaced further, cutting of yet more of the game.
I found this bug under windows 7 x64, with the latest version of TCB.
Switching the game to and from windowed mode does not result in the displacement occurring, and is a way to fix the displacement after it has occurred.

[Last edited by Netriak at 12-12-2010 08:00 PM]
12-12-2010 at 07:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
IP: Logged
icon Re: View displacement after alt-tab. (+1)  
That's interesting! I've just been able to reproduce this on my Vista machine too.

What's more interesting however, is that I wasn't playing DROD, but my own simple program that uses the SDL graphics library, which TCB also uses.

So my suspicion is that a newer library release by the SDL people will be solve this problem.

(And since I'm not part of Caravel or SDL, I can't tell you when that will happen. But I'd personally like to see a new (stable) version of the SDL library too. And someone should inform SDL about this bug.)

12-13-2010 at 04:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : View displacement after alt-tab.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com