Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Automatically-updating scrolls (For that Harry Potter effect)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vinheim
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 300
IP: Logged
icon Automatically-updating scrolls (+1)  
The feature request I want implemented this time is for scrolls that have variables to update every step if the variables in them have changed. This can lead to cutscenes where the scroll has letters being written slowly as if someone is trying to communicate with you, etc. My main purpose of using this is for testing variables. I find it a hassle to move up and down between 2 scrolls with the variable name in it to check the current value of a variable. The fact that this variable changes every step makes for even more frustration.

So with this, you'll be fixing a problem (scrolls not updating to show current variable values) while introducing a new ability (the ability to make scrolls "write" (?) itself)
10-31-2010 at 12:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3118
icon Re: Automatically-updating scrolls (+2)  
Until then, you may want to look into using the Ctrl+F7 command while in editor playtesting (which will automatically carry over into normal play if you don't shut down DROD). If you do it correctly, a * will appear in the top left corner to tell you it's active, and any changed variables will be reported to you up there.
10-31-2010 at 01:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
vinheim
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 300
icon Re: Automatically-updating scrolls (0)  
Ah great. This is exactly what I needed. I'll be sure to use this then during my current scripting test. But still, the self-writing scroll effect is something that would be cool to see in cutscenes.
10-31-2010 at 01:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Automatically-updating scrolls (For that Harry Potter effect)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com