Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : A Little Humor Of Death (Fun + Brainstorm + Smite = This Hold)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Hidan
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon A Little Humor Of Death (0)  
Play it,this is different from my first hold,its second (lol)
and has sense of humor (slayer eats goblin kings cookies and they r buddies) and mre brainstormer puzzles plz play it,u wont get bored for sure,if u,I will stop building (and also made in an orijinal game,JtrH which means there r IceWorks and Deep Spaces in it.

INFO HUT
3 Levels
3 Levels
and 3 Levels
INFO HUT 4eva

(DROD RPG)
08-07-2010 at 09:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hidan
icon Re: A Little Humor Of Death (-1)  
Plz test it (its not like the Jashins Dead Land Of Death)

(DROD RPG)
08-07-2010 at 10:07 PM
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1304
icon Re: A Little Humor Of Death (0)  
You might want to wait more than an hour before complaining that no one's posted yet. Come to think about it, a day or two isn't unreasonable considering how slow the forum's gotten.
Unfortunately, I'm not on a computer with DROD, but I'll get to it at some point, probably today.
08-08-2010 at 02:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
If you don't get to it today, someone else can probably handle it. ;)

08-08-2010 at 07:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hidan
Okai,btw I hope u enjoyed it,search for sense of humor,and dont skip the conservations,and lemme know cuz I will build more if u like it.... ;) good games,

(DROD RPG)
08-08-2010 at 07:55 PM
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
I have just played "Dungeon" level and I think there is a back-tracking issue.

I went East out of the Entrance room and completed all the available rooms, but the blue door did not drop. I discovered in the restore screen that there is a room 1N but I could not get to it to complete the level because I could not get back through 1N,2E (Halph can't open the doors because I can't get the wubbas into the correct positions).

I am not the best player though :no so you might want to wait until someone else has checked it in case I've missed something. :yes

08-08-2010 at 09:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hidan

File: A Little Humor Of Death.hold (851.9 KB)
Downloaded 55 times.
License: Public Domain
WOAH ty for reminding me,I got that problem and fixed it,btw I wonder who completed Trap Door + 4 Doors Puzzle (room with guard 1st level)

(DROD RPG)
08-08-2010 at 09:49 PM
Hidan
Hidan wrote:
Play it,this is different from my first hold,its second (lol)
and has sense of humor (slayer eats goblin kings cookies and they r buddies) and mre brainstormer puzzles plz play it,u wont get bored for sure,if u,I will stop building (and also made in an orijinal game,JtrH which means there r IceWorks and Deep Spaces in it.

INFO HUT
3 Levels
3 Levels
and 3 Levels
INFO HUT 4eva

I removed attachment cuz there were a back track in Dungeon'' level (1st one) the fixed one is down there,just scroll up like 1cm :yes (I hope someone played Slayer ate goblins cookies part)

(DROD RPG)

[Last edited by Hidan at 08-08-2010 10:14 PM]
08-08-2010 at 10:13 PM
Zorglub
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 74
Hello,
I still have the same backtracking issue in 1S2E.
Z.
08-08-2010 at 10:46 PM
Hidan
Zorglub wrote:
Hello,
I still have the same backtracking issue in 1S2E.
Z.

Umm not possible as physical laws?

Lol

I added a new attachment download that one
Has no backtrack for me strange why is it happening to u :? ?

(DROD RPG)
08-08-2010 at 11:28 PM
Hidan

File: A Little Humor Of Death.hold (851.9 KB)
Downloaded 55 times.
License: Public Domain
Oh now I fixd it for sure,I fixed 2 errors,but one of them didnt saved I think,and it stay same,with backtrack,now I fixed that 2

and now checked everything,no backtracking,but the room with wubba,in the Dungeon,I cant do anything else with the backtrack,u must pull wubbas again,or you could just go on by killing roaches,which would make it easier,but I am happy that ppl is playing it and nothing wrong except backtrack :smile

IMPORTANT NOTE :

If you already conquered dungeon level,dont download this,this is only for the guys that forgot to complete 1N,and has a problem with backtrack..

(DROD RPG)
08-09-2010 at 09:05 AM
Odyssey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 124
Mastered - did you make that new version anyone edit?

There were a lot of easy orb puzzles - that room with the wubbas and the roach queens was a bit annoying. It was an easy orb puzzle, the wubbas just made it longer because I had to move around them. But that's just my opinion.

Dungeon Entrance - Not a bad entrance, I have nothing to really say about it.

Dungeon 1E - Easy golem puzzle, maybe a bit of a challenge for a beginner. There's nothing wrong with this room.

Dungeon 1S1E - Reflects style of entrance. Good consistency.

Dungeon 1S2E - Nice wubba manipulation, made trickier due to force arrows. Did you fix the backtracking problem here?

Dungeon 2E - Straightforward roach queen manipulation room. I didn't need to use the orb at (8,22) to trap the roach, though - you can just make the roaches go into the narrow 1-tile-wide corridor at (11,1). But there's nothing really that wrong with the room, unless that wasn't your intended solution.

Dungeon 1N2E - Having played your original version I don't know if you fixed the backtracking problem here. I think it's a nice way to incorporate Halph into your hold, and it's more wubba manipulation which isn't very tedious at all. Nothing much else to say about this room - nothing needs changing apart from the backtracking problem (which I assume you have fixed by now).

Dungeon 1N1E - Simple orb puzzle. Not much to say here. Roach queens can easily be dispatched.

Dungeon 1N - Looks repetitive, but I think it's okay, to be honest. I mean, as long as you don't make me open a hundred doors then I don't have much of a problem with it. Nothing much else to say about this room.

Dungeon 2N2E - Good idea with the trapdoors; it limits people to stop randomly guessing the solution to the puzzle and think. I randomly guessed the solution but the trapdoors made it trickier to do so. Nice implementation. ;)

Dungeon 2S1E (secret room) - This is probably your best room, I think. It is a good deal harder than the others. Maybe make the timing a little tighter and this could be better. I don't understand the point of the trapdoor in the bottom-right corner, though.

Dead Land Entrance - Not a bad entrance at all. It's fine - no need to change it.

Dead Land 2N2W - Why don't the crumbly walls lead to a secret room? Well, it doesn't matter, I suppose...

Dead Land 2N1W - ...interesting, I guess. I didn't find it comical, but that's just me. I'm sure a lot of other people might like it. ;)

Dead Land 1N2W - Good use of evil eye scripting. Keep that - if you don't include it then it's just hack and slash. A vision token might have helped, but I suppose that adds to the challenge.

Dead Land 1N1W - The character says that he can't 'catch the roach queen before it gets in' -- well, he can certainly kill the roach queen on the force arrow, but I suppose the purpose of that line was to make the player think about the room? I don't know. As for the slayer/goblin/Beethro conversation in the top-left corner, I didn't really find it funny - but then again, that's subject to opinion. I don't speak for the rest of the DROD community, but other players might like this. ;)

Dead Land 1N - Very easy room - doable without the invisibility potion. Not much else to say here.

Dead Land 2W - Introducing rattlesnakes. I didn't understand the point of the orbs/doors though, since it's still easy to complete without them. They don't help much, either. But it's fine - you don't need to change anything here.

Dead Land 1W - ...very easy room, but I can sort of see how you could make this a better lynchpin room if the golems played a part in the path of the roach queen. But nothing is wrong with this room.

Dead Land 1E - What was the point of this room? Are players supposed to be able to get to the scroll?

Dead Land 1S2E - Nice guard practice. Not very difficult because you could just wait for them to come one by one and then it's just Q/W-ing from there.

Dead Land 1S1E - Reminds me of a room from level 4 of JtRH. Not much else to say about this room. It's fine.

Dead Land 1S - This room was pretty much hack and slash. All of the eyes on the right-hand side can just be quickly rushed through and killed because you're out of their lines of vision from the bottom-right corner.

Dead Land 1S1E - Not much to say. Trapdoor puzzle wasn't too hard, and the roaches coming on to the trapdoors wasn't really a challenge. But this room is absolutely fine - no changes needed.

Dead Land 2S1W - Nice room. Might be a challenge for a new player. Nice end to the level.

Dead Land 2S - This room has the unintended solution of being able to kill the roach queen without having it enter any of the alcoves. But you don't need to change that, because that's not likely to be what most players would do.

Undercity Entrance - Nice introduction to the level. No tedium, which is great.

Undercity 1N1E - This room could do with at least one checkpoint somewhere - probably after the first half of the trapdoor puzzle is completed.

Undercity 1E - I like the scrolls at the start of each protruding path.

Undercity 2E - Wubbas were irritating; made the room longer than it needed to be, I think. Simple orb puzzle, not much else to say. I suppose the wubbas can act as a limitation for random guessing. As for the conversation with the goblin king - again, I didn't find it very funny, but other smitemasters may very well disagree!

Undercity 1S1E - Don't know if you know this or not, but you have to do this room twice because you can't drop a blue door and a green door in the same room. But it was a quick end to the level regardless.

Undercity 1S2E - Nice guard room. One has to take each chamber at a time in order to kill all the guards. The slayer didn't really interfere with me, though, because he was quite far away. But no changes need to be done here, I don't think.

General - Spelling/punctuation errors, but that's not really a major problem. There are some holds with far worse grammar, so you don't need to worry. ;)

Rating:

3.5/10 brains
5/10 fun

Much improved from your last hold - well done. I'd suggest waiting for more people to review your hold before submitting it to the Holds board, though.

[Last edited by Odyssey at 08-09-2010 10:51 AM]
08-09-2010 at 10:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hidan
Thank you Odyseyy , btw those ''very easy room'' rooms are made for nothing,just I wanted to make something,and the Under City 2E,the wubbas are made to get u stuck when u r trying to open doors,but obviously its better than my first hold (my opinion)

I like the Trap Door with orb puzzle and Evil eye puzzle

Ty for testing,I hope I can have u guys Respectability,and take forward to holds list,and also I fixed those backtracking issue,download the latest one

(DROD RPG)
08-09-2010 at 11:13 AM
Odyssey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 124
Have you done any work on your hold(s)?

08-16-2010 at 03:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hidan
Im not interested in my 1st hold,so dont care that,I want to submit this but I want a post that sais '' Hi Hidan,I think you can post this ;) '' and also 3rd hold is,actually dont know :D

But if you want another hold (propably not because enough with 3 holds ) I have one ready

(DROD RPG)
08-17-2010 at 12:49 PM
brian_s
Rank Points: 587
I went through this hold a few times. Most of the rooms are straightforward. There seem to be no backtracking problems. Specific room comments:

Dungeon:
2E: I was able to clear out the queens without closing any doors.
1N1E: Only needed to hit two orbs.
2N2E: Only needed to hit two orbs.

Dead Land:
1N: Don't need the invisibility potions.
1S1W: Easier coming in from the north.
2W: I did not use any of the door/orb sets in the room.

Under City:
1S1E: This room needs checkpoints.
1S2E: This room also needs checkpoints.
1N1E: Again, this room needs checkpoints.
2E: Only needed three orbs to get past the gates, also it is possible to get to the orbs with none of the wubbas crossing the north rows of force arrows.
08-17-2010 at 06:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : A Little Humor Of Death (Fun + Brainstorm + Smite = This Hold)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com