Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : What Kind of Hero/Villain are You? (New users see this message after they register.)
Page 3 of 14
4567>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Re: What Kind of Arnold are You? (+2)  
For Stigant:

adob = 1947
#1 = ( "N" + .75a ) / #2
#2 = ( "N" + .82b ) / (#3 - .48c)
#3 = ( "N" * 2 ) + ( #4 ^ 2 )
#4 = ( b + c ) * "Y"
#5 = ( a - c ) * "N"
#6 = (#1 + #2) / (#3 + #4) - (#5 * .13414) = 3
year = adob + (#1 * 32) + (#2 * 16) + (#3 * 8) + (#2 * 4) + (#5 * 2) + #6 = 1970

Mr. Stigant, you are the Arnold from Hercules in New York, played by an actor who went by "Arnold Strong" at that time. What exactly does this say about you? Like Hercules, you are a man who when given a choice to spend his time either among gods or mere mortals, will prefer the company of lesser beings. You like to think this is due to your empathy for the common man, but actually you enjoy comparing your superior mental strength to the feeble-minded with which you surround yourself. If you have one weakness, it is your terrible arrogance which often leads to inappropriate overconfidence.

-Erik

05-20-2005 at 08:15 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: What Kind of Arnold are You? (+1)  
Wow, that's pretty good. And I thought I liked that movie just because of the funky thing he does with his pecs!

05-20-2005 at 08:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ChrisB
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 58
Definately Arnold Layne - surely you've heard of Pink Floyd?????

[Edited by ChrisB at Local Time:05-23-2005 at 09:48 PM]

05-23-2005 at 05:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DougSCat
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
I'd have to say I'm an Arnold like in the Rundown, pulling a surprise cameo and allowing the younger guy his moment in the sun yet accepting the recognition of everything which has come before.

05-25-2005 at 07:03 AM
Squeeky_Dragon
Rank Points: 12
icon Re: What Kind of Arnold are You? (0)  
I'm whatever Arnold that thinks DROD is (really, no offense to anyone here) a rather simplistic dungeon hack nowhere near as fun as NetHack, Ancient Domains of Mystery or Slash'EM, and mostly came here to discuss SubTerra, in my opinion the best Sokoban/Boulderdash-like made to date.

05-31-2005 at 01:25 AM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Squeeky_Dragon wrote:
I'm whatever Arnold that thinks DROD is (really, no offense to anyone here) a rather simplistic dungeon hack nowhere near as fun as NetHack, Ancient Domains of Mystery or Slash'EM.
Well, considering that those are role-playing games, and DROD is a puzzle game, there's really no comparison, and thus no reason to be offended by someone who doesn't understand the difference. :)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-31-2005 at 01:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
nstrich
Hi. I thought I'd say hi here before making the inevitable "Help me" post ni the Hints and solutions forum.

So hi. I just got playing DROD a few days ago, and am completely addicted.

If I ever manage to finish JtRH, I'm going to get started on teh first one :D

rich.
06-04-2005 at 01:12 AM
rocco
Ooops,

I see myself more as a James Garner type character, I would prefer not to depend on violence for survival, but if I'm here then I will learn the way of the sword.

06-09-2005 at 11:34 AM
wmarkham
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 125
Oneiromancer wrote:
Well, considering that those are role-playing games, and DROD is a puzzle game, there's really no comparison, and thus no reason to be offended by someone who doesn't understand the difference. :)
Okay, I do see the smiley, but just because Squeeky_Dragon's post doesn't acknowledge the difference doesn't mean he/she doesn't understand it. Maybe that's just a function of the kind of Arnold he/she is: Any game with a Really Big Sword is best enjoyed as a RPG, and DROD has a Really Big Sword, but boy, it isn't a very good role-playing game, is it? Granted, if you get rid of that sword, it might make a decent puzzle game, but then how would Beethro destroy the monsters? :)

Anyway, I am vaguely concerned (offended, even) by the possibility that your reply could be construed as a personal attack on (or perhaps ridicule of) someone based on their failure to acknowledge that DROD is the world's greatest puzzle game. Of course, I don't think it was in any way intended as such. Nevertheless, something about its wording blipped negatively on my tact-meter.
06-10-2005 at 06:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Feel free to mod me down if you don't like what I said. Personally, if Squeeky really wanted to cause no offense, or not provoke any responses, then they could have said something totally different.

I certainly don't care if someone thinks that "DROD is the world's greatest puzzle game" or not, but it just struck me as similar to saying "DROD sucks because it doesn't have any machine guns like Doom does." It just doesn't make any sense, and is easily dismissed. Similarly, I was pointing out that "I don't like DROD because it's a bad Roguelike" implies a fundamental misunderstanding of what the game actually is, and so really can't be taken as a true criticism.

Again, please, mod me down if you think I was being unforgivably tactless. If someone else agrees with what I said, then they can mod me up. If I stay negative, then hey, obviously I crossed a line and need to watch out for that in the future.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-10-2005 at 07:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Wumpus
Rank Points: 13
* Wumpus blinks in the bright light *
*ahem*
Yes um well... WILL YOU STOP STARING AT ME OR I'LL COME UP THERE AND ...
*no... no... calm... breathe... these are all very nice people...*
Yes, well, hmm... Arnold? I knew an Arnold once, but he.. he... HE HAD AN ACCIDENT I TELL YOU. I WAS OUT OF THE COUNTRY!
I... no, nobody found a sword... I mean, of course they found a sword. It's.. I use it to.. calm me down... there's this nice place with lots of little rooms where I can swing at things all I like... and nobody get's upset... it's very.. relaxing. Helps me unwind. Not that I get wound up, no... that's just.. a misunderstanding. Except when the door CLOSES TO SOON BECAUSE I TWITCHED AT THE WRONG MOMENT AND THEN I CAN'T GET THE LAST LITTLE ROACHLING AND THEN THERE'S LAUGHING AND EYES EVERYWHERE AND...
Um.
I think... i think I better go now. It's... it's quite alright, really... just.. just don't even THINK ABOUT FOLLOWING ME!!!!
* Wumpus runs and the door crashes shut behind him *

07-10-2005 at 07:53 AM
ela_de
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
wmarkham wrote:
Maybe that's just a function of the kind of Arnold he/she is: Any game with a Really Big Sword is best enjoyed as a RPG, and DROD has a Really Big Sword, but boy, it isn't a very good role-playing game, is it? Granted, if you get rid of that sword, it might make a decent puzzle game, but then how would Beethro destroy the monsters? :)

Err. I realise I'm new here but by the same token, DROD is a lousy action game too. Anyway, Beethro could destroy monsters by spitting on them or by abjuring and conjuring nastier, bigger monsters right? It would still be the same game.

(by the way, oneiromancer's post could -as I see it, and in language matters I'm pretty good- at the very worst be considered as a bit sarcastic clearlyon the matter of the comparison, whereas the original message by Squeeky is posted to insult (smileys are used for a reason; to make the tongue-in-the-cheek comments aparent. Their lack shows someone tries to create some kind of bad reaction).

The Arnold who got promoted from a kindergarden teacher to a high-school one and now can't stop being one (kind of like being sucked in by a black hole)

[Last edited by ela_de at 07-10-2005 11:43 PM]
07-10-2005 at 11:42 PM
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
The Arnold that I'm physically most similar to would have to be my maternal grandfather.
As far as Arschnold Warzenegger is concerned, I'm aware of him, but I don't remember seeing much of his oeuvre ... hmm ... wasn't he that guy in We can remember it for you wholsale: The Movie, who isn't much like me at all?
07-28-2005 at 01:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
We can remember it for you wholsale: The Movie
Yeah, though the movie was called Total Recall, and suffered from being several steps removed from the original story by Dick.

08-09-2005 at 06:16 PM
snicki92
im a connan the barbarian arnould

08-14-2005 at 02:24 AM
Char101
Interesting welcome concept. What kind of Arnie am I. Oh i get asked that question all the time :glasses Ya could say Im like the barbarian type, dont talk alot just like to bash things about. I know that never works but its a damn good way to get frustrations out lol

09-25-2005 at 09:18 AM
hvhtim
:glasses I'm the governator Arnold. I own your soul.

09-30-2005 at 01:12 PM
miehe
I'm the kind of Arnold dude
that wears a furry tiger suit -
I drink my beers as hot as The
I spit it out and hollars "GEEEE!!!

10-11-2005 at 06:49 PM
luise
I don´t think I look like Arnold but I would like to be his girl, I like big strong boys :thumbsup
11-18-2005 at 05:08 PM
Koffdrop
Hello,

I am Arnold from the masterpiece that is known as Batman and Robin. I am totally ridiculous, somehow both frozen and wooden and Austrian. My head holds little to no hair (this was before I started playing DROD) and I like to team up with Uma Thurman whenever I can.

George Clooney is my sworn enemy.

11-18-2005 at 05:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
luise wrote:
I don´t think I look like Arnold but I would like to be his girl, I like big strong boys :thumbsup

Does that mean you only registered for this forum because it's full of Arnolds?
11-18-2005 at 11:03 PM
devNull
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 20
Hello, I am like the Arnold from "Batman and Robin", because I am
extremely cool...

...get it? Ha, ha, ha.

[Last edited by devNull at 12-08-2005 09:29 AM]
12-08-2005 at 09:29 AM
tjandchez
:glasses arnold huh
well i think im kinda the kindergarden arnold.
easy going and pretty good under stressful circumstances
12-15-2005 at 03:19 AM
Lichtenstein
Rank Points: 13
Hello forums,

As for what kind of Arnold I am, it would probably be DROD-filming* Arnold of course :D

*in 2035 year, when Erik will be ruling the world manipulating the masses with DROD, such film will surely be produced.

12-18-2005 at 08:34 PM
ElsédaRazo
Hi...
I am new and I don't think I'm a kind of Arnold. I don't see many of his movies, so, I cannot say... Anyway, I am not a other person, I am myself. And I don't think Arnold Schamzernegger like poetry or sciences. However, he is a robot in terminator, so he surely know some things about sciences... But I don't think it is one of his hobbies. :borg But does robots have hobbies?

01-04-2006 at 12:00 AM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
HAH! And I say HAH! again. :D You are wrong, I didn't come here for help in DROD. I came here because a levelpack I really wanted to try just won't let me play it, but this would be the wrong thread for me to post it in, so bye-bye! ;)
01-08-2006 at 11:56 AM
tailchaser
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 38
[delurks after not posting anything to a forum in around 6 years]

Hmm. Well, I'm game for this. I will definitely be an Arnold Rimmer. :glasses (Please assume that's the letter "H")

Although, people that actually know me might be more inclined to compare me to Lister: there's the voice...
The laziness...
The long dirty hair...
The obsession with curry...
The tendency to make an abominable mess out of any living quarters I'm given (mostly because the last week or so I've been too busy playing DROD to clean it up...)
Mostly though, there's the voice.

01-09-2006 at 09:37 PM
Airhead
Which Arnie describes me?

What an interesting question!

I think the Predator Arnie is most like me as I never give up!!

Or perhaps the mad scientist in Junior best describes me

Maybe the gormless idiot in Twins would be a better description.

Of course, there is always his previous role as Mr Universe. I'm not bragging, I really do look like that!

:w00t
01-20-2006 at 08:22 PM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Airhead wrote:
Of course, there is always his previous role as Mr Universe. I'm not bragging, I really do look like that!
Oh, yeah? You should post a picture doing one of your muscle man poses.

Welcome to the forum!

-Erik

01-20-2006 at 09:19 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chancellor23
Douglas Quaid from "Total Recall." I'm not sure who I am and what I see is not what it appears to be.
01-28-2006 at 03:26 AM
Page 3 of 14
4567>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : What Kind of Hero/Villain are You? (New users see this message after they register.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com