Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Two-Player DROD (DROD competitions over the internet?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged
icon Two-Player DROD (+1)  
I just thought of something the other day...I know that coding it would take a heckuva lotta work, but would it be possible to connect to others computers (Via IP/Internet) to have two people working on DROD(The same hold, not necessarily same room) at the same time? During then, have a set time limit and you could face off seeing how many rooms/monsters you could kill in the time limit. It would also be good so you could have DROD face-offs here in the forum. Custom holds could also be built for multiplayer action.

06-22-2004 at 05:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
icon Re: Two-Player DROD (0)  
This has been suggested before, but where you would have two people in the same room perhaps fighting each other. However, I think the "time limit" thing would be pretty good. Perhaps it would be easier for us to post our times and others would try to beat it, like we did for Dugan's Dungeon.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
06-22-2004 at 06:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Two-Player DROD (0)  
I just didn't like the idea of "fighting it out". If you want that, buy a shooter game. Since DROD is puzzle, you should be able to test out your skills against another.

06-22-2004 at 09:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Two-Player DROD (DROD competitions over the internet?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com