Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Erdeworld
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Fang
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 175
IP: Logged

File: Erdeworld.drh (22.7 KB)
Downloaded 100 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Erdeworld (0)  
I did this between two homeworks, I don't know if I will keep it going. I didn't give myself much time and that's why I didn't make an update of my previous holds, since this was much shorter to make compared to them upgrades. I've been so busy with school these past months that I haven't been able to update as much as I want.

It's a short 1 level thing, have fun.

PS: I know it looks awfully similar to Geneforge 1 but it will be very different if I keep it going. I don't plan to follow the whole Sucia Island path.

[Last edited by Fang at 12-01-2009 11:42 PM]
11-29-2009 at 11:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
icon Re: Erdeworld (0)  
I liked it! I haven't played a DROD game with a good story integrated into it for a long time. It was an enjoyable change. I hope that if you do have time to update this you will, coz i like this Level Set very much.

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
12-01-2009 at 09:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
deftriver
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75
I also hope it keeps going, anythning with DROD RPG is always welcome with me. That said I still think it's too early to say how I feel about the hold itself.
12-01-2009 at 11:27 PM
Fang
icon Re: Erdeworld (+2)  
I put a small update now, which includes the first town of the game. Hurray!

That said, with this you pretty much get a good feel about the REP mechanics. I tried to keep it about the same as Geneforge because being able to choose if you side with the "evil" side or the "good" side is always good, however which one you think is evil and which one you think is good depends on your personal morals. Just side with whoever you feel alright with.

There are four factions, two "rebels" and two "loyals". Each of them hold a Master item (Awesome sword, armor, accessory) and the fourth one is the choice between the three. It is possible to join them all for powergaming fun, though it is hard to do and you will need to plan accordingly. If you do manage to get the three awesome pieces of gear, congratulations, though the game should be possible without them.

I need to point out the fact that you need to divide the game in two roads: The sneak road and the fight road. The entire game should be possible (after completing the first few areas where there's a mix of both) to finish by only using keys, managing your wealth and spending G for devices to protect yourself while fighting is also an option, saving your hard earned G to buy equipment upgrades instead of keys and devices.

The travel system should be easy to masterize: after you "clear" an area, you can walk through it on the Island Map. Clearing an area requires different actions: sometimes you need to kill X enemies, while other times you need to kill This Particular Monster (TPM type clear), all the way to simply entering an area and exiting.

Everything up to the village should work fine. If there's an error you can always tell me, I will fix it.

12-01-2009 at 11:42 PM
Fang
icon Re: Erdeworld (+1)  
I'm afraid this, Knight's Honor and the other multiple levelsets I've created so far will never be completed. My motherboard fried and I had to replace it, meaning I also had to change windows and lost every data I had on it. Took a while to restore it the way it was before, except now I have Seven instead of Vista.

I've lost my DROD profiles, along with all saved games, scores, holds, etc and I won't get them back since I didn't export my profile anywhere. No backup, that's dumb on my part, but I could never remember to export my profile "for no reason". Unless I get a hold of all the data I've lost, I fear I'll have to start from scratch, and I'm pretty sure nobody likes starting from scratch. However, I'm going to try a brand new project that will be much more structured than those I've designed so far. Like, a definite number of levels, of difficulty curve and all that kinda thing. Most of what I did before was made on the spot, an idea like that, which sparked out of thin air and grew.

I hope not many feel let down about this. I was looking forward to get some time to complete a few of my holds, looks like they won't be completed.

I could always get the holds from these downloads but I did make a lot of stuff in each of them that wasn't 'saved' so to speak. I've no interest in re-scripting the lines I've already done before. If someone else wishes to take the projects I've dusted away and finish them, feel free to. As long as you mention that I've started them but couldn't finish due to technical difficulties.

01-31-2010 at 04:37 AM
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
That's terrible news.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 01-31-2010 06:37 AM]
01-31-2010 at 06:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
quest157@epals.org
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
THAT is too sad this is one of the most memorable hold i have tested........................
02-03-2010 at 03:35 PM
Rheb
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1211
Yeah, it's really a shame :(

I hope you'll reconsider finishing your old projects sometime, there's really too few rpg holds on the holds board.

02-06-2010 at 11:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Erdeworld
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com