Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Knight's Honor (Placeholder name)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
IP: Logged
icon Re: Knight's Honor (0)  
DROD RPG crashes when you try to change room focus from 1S3E to 2S3E. Also, going from 2S3E to 2S2E causes a second of lag. And yes, trying to go back to the main menu in 2S3E causes crashes. D:

Edit: Oh. You already found that. Whoops. :blush
Ediit: You know, it'd probably be best to redo the rooms (and the classes the room uses) completely. I have never made a room that causes crashing just through bad scripting in DROD RPG yet. :|

[Last edited by Monkey at 08-23-2009 06:33 PM]
08-23-2009 at 06:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
Let me guess. Your using vista?

If you can find your DROD.ERR, I'd be very interested to know the details.
08-23-2009 at 06:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Monkey
So you /haven't/ seen my desktop screenshot! ;)

Also, my drodrpg.err log is over 300000 lines long (just finished loading, 462233 lines long :shhocking). Only about 400-500 lines are related to my laser script, because that only brings up four-eight lines a shot. :blink

Also, DROD RPG just dies in a segfault. Nothing reported to drodrpg.err. :|

[Last edited by Monkey at 08-23-2009 07:00 PM]
08-23-2009 at 06:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Hmmm. Odd. XP works fine.
08-23-2009 at 07:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Monkey
It stopped crashing when I cleared drodrpg.err. Huh? :?

I'll keep running it in gdb, see if it screws up somehow.

Edit: Wait, I just got a segfault moving from 1S3E to 2S2E. Here's what gdb gave me:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0xb7c8e6d0 (LWP 10887)]
0xb7f85e6e in ?? () from /home/notroot/drodrpg-tt/Libs/libSDL-1.2.so.0
Hopefully that helps, although it /is/ pretty cryptic. :|

Ediit: Backtrace:
#0  0xb7fd4e74 in ?? () from /home/notroot/drodrpg-tt/Libs/libSDL-1.2.so.0
#1  0xb7fd6469 in SDL_FreeSurface ()
   from /home/notroot/drodrpg-tt/Libs/libSDL-1.2.so.0
#2  0x08125c45 in ?? ()
#3  0x08157828 in ?? ()
#4  0x081007e3 in ?? ()
#5  0x08100aac in ?? ()
#6  0x081049f8 in ?? ()
#7  0x082574d5 in ?? ()
#8  0x08257dac in ?? ()
#9  0x08228f4b in ?? ()
#10 0x0805376c in ?? ()
#11 0xb7d80775 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#12 0x0804e621 in ?? ()

[Last edited by Monkey at 08-23-2009 07:22 PM]
08-23-2009 at 07:12 PM
Fang
Rank Points: 175
Well I still haven't found out if my heavy messing of the script caused the crash (since I had to rework it slightly less than 40 times to get what I wanted) or if I'm using something that interferes with the incomplete room style (as it misses custom sound, and some other stuff).

08-23-2009 at 07:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fang
Well I found out the room style bugs a lot, and it stays bugged after but for some reason if I wait a long time before trying to change the room style again, it works. So now that room is unbugged, and that also means yay update time. Raazashi Menace should be fully functional, along with the first minigame of many: Shooting Gallery. The next update will take a very long while, as I have to script and design not one but TWO tasks! One optional, the other needed. Hint: If a task requires REP, it's optional. Eventually the plot of the 'main Task line' will unfold, and the hold should be completable without completing every single optional task there is. Perhaps a few, in order to have enough HP for later on, but not every.

08-30-2009 at 07:03 PM
Fang
Okay, in the last update, I had 29 downloads, and this one is already at 10. If you read the entire topic, I haven't gotten any feedback apart "I want more more". How can I know if what I do is pleasant to solve, and pleasant to play if nobody gives me any replies? If you're a newcomer who lurks around, tries holds and stuff, don't be afraid to post, I won't bite you. In fact nobody will, you're more than welcome. I'm making the assumption many are newcomers or lurkers since we barely have that, 10 active people on the RPG boards, much less than 29 from last time.

What I'm trying to say is, even though I enjoy what I do, I'd like people to post their thoughts, bugs they managed to encounter, and so on. It would be greatly appreciated and would give me ideas about what to work on. For example I was reported scripting bugs in Entrance and 3S of Roberva Kingdom, and those rooms have been around forever... and I was told about them yesterday!

I can't build a hold alone, I need delvers to see what's good, bad (or less good) and not good at all (aka bug, glitch etc). I can find most myself when I test, but with the more heavy kind of scripting of the hold (that I'm used to make anyway), I can't always have the spare time to test from start to where it's at.

08-31-2009 at 12:18 PM
bdwing
Rank Points: 288
I notice in the Locksmith's Shop that it is impossible to choose option 1 as you also have an option 10 and the computer logic always interprets the 1 as 10.
[edit: Well, you can select 1 using the mouse but not using the keyboard.]

I haven't gotten far enough to give much useful feedback.

"Until it ends, there is no end."

[Last edited by bdwing at 09-01-2009 10:21 AM]
08-31-2009 at 01:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaosgamer
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 88
It would be nice if you could put some sort of warp thing that will take you to the world map (cmd?). I get stuck in places because of the re-spawning monsters, no enough health to kill and no keys left. And a bigger inventory would be nice. And less expensive items.

I hope I'm not demanding too much. And if you're going to put a max HP system more HP lying around would be nice.
08-31-2009 at 02:35 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
Chaosgamer wrote:
It would be nice if you could put some sort of warp thing that will take you to the world map (cmd?). I get stuck in places because of the re-spawning monsters, no enough health to kill and no keys left. And a bigger inventory would be nice. And less expensive items.
Umm... Maybe you should just plan ahead better.
08-31-2009 at 09:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
minimike98
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 1
Bu the way you cant use your inventory anymore i cant get to my inventory
08-31-2009 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fang
Chaosgamer wrote:

I hope I'm not demanding too much. And if you're going to put a max HP system more HP lying around would be nice.

The warp system I thought about it, so far I don't know if I'll actually put something like that, maybe at the end of each task, like I did in the Swamp there. It seems buying 1 key doesn't work for some reason, so that might be why you don't have enough keys with the starting money, but you should always try to get a few before going out adventuring. Don't bother saving up greckles in the first few tasks, you don't have many yet, once you have 3, 4 and even 5 tasks you can take up that's when money becomes so easy to come by you can get an insane amount of keys and never run out.

For the inventory... I'm not actually planning to put a real one in game. The one in the shop might even be deleted; I plan to add options to switch from one sword to another through the menu once you gain the appropriate item. Same for shields/armors.

Back to the warp thing, it's because I really don't want the player to, say, if they get put in prison for some Task and they use the warp, that could accidently the whole thing if you get what I mean.

I'll check the Locksmith and fix it asap, maybe even rework the entire script so you can choose each color separately if that would be needed. That could let me add skeleton keys, however I'm unsure what price to give it since it's more of a 'backup' key in case you miss another color.

Edit: I almost forgot about the expensive items, the armors and shields are placeholders. The prices may vary, though you can already see how much greckles will matter and the proportion from one to the next.

[Last edited by Fang at 08-31-2009 10:20 PM]
08-31-2009 at 10:19 PM
minimike98
BUG

BUG

you cant use your inventory anymore
08-31-2009 at 10:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fang
minimike was actually useful for once, the inventory really didn't work anymore. It's fixed, I'm uploading a version with fixes in just a second, along with an upgrade to graphics in northern Roberva to make it look better that the castle is on higher ground. The Locksmith is fixed to the expense of going through more menus but that shouldn't be horrible. The health cap also is fixed, it was severely broken before. And the tents here give health, I don't know what problem there was but it works now.

08-31-2009 at 10:44 PM
minimike98
Ok thats way much bitter the inventory works
08-31-2009 at 10:55 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
I'm liking this hold. I haven't found any problems, I just want more. I think that the reason that you aren't getting any comments is that people only tend to comment when they find a problem, so lots of downloads and few comments usually means that people liked your hold and couldn't find any problems, or hated it so much that they didn't play more than a few minutes. As that doesn't seem to be the general sentiment around here, I think that you should keep up the good work!
09-01-2009 at 12:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fang
The best holds take time to make... I thought I'd be less busy one week into college since last year that was the case, and I'd have less college stuff to do such as buy books, but apparently that's not the case since our clubs didn't open yet, and tomorrow's probably the day that will happen. As a kind of moderator of one, I gotta help out because that's, well, what I chose to do.

For those wanting an approximation on the next content update, it's at 0.3%, give or take 1%. Yeah...

09-01-2009 at 12:49 AM
Chaosgamer
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 88
In the caverns 2S 1E. You can enter the area with no keys and as soon as you enter the miner escape part you get stuck. Also about the warp thing. I would recommend putting them (if you choose to) at:

Swamp: 1S 4W

Volcano: 2S 4E

09-05-2009 at 02:14 AM
The Stew Boy
Rank Points: 247
I don't get what I'm supposed to do in this hold. I start off with no sword, -10 atk, and 10 greckles, which don't buy me anything useful. I can't buy a sword which means I can't go anywhere, and I can't go anywhere to get greckles to buy a sword.
Any hints?
09-06-2009 at 01:16 AM
Dr. Murphy
Rank Points: 46
The Stew Boy wrote:
I don't get what I'm supposed to do in this hold. I start off with no sword, -10 atk, and 10 greckles, which don't buy me anything useful. I can't buy a sword which means I can't go anywhere, and I can't go anywhere to get greckles to buy a sword.
Any hints?
Yeah. Go north the castle and speak to the adviser in Once West. Get the task, head to Once East in the Kingdom. While in the armory, get the short sword to be able to do anything. Move towards Quarce South. Get there and move even farther south to gain access into the overworld. The western path leads to the swamp.

Once there, start killing. :D

[Last edited by Dr. Murphy at 09-06-2009 02:55 PM]
09-06-2009 at 06:15 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
minimike98
Now based on that weans the next update.
09-06-2009 at 07:20 AM
Fang
Fang wrote:
The next update will take a very long while

09-06-2009 at 02:36 PM
minimike98
Nooo why why i cant live can you split the big update!
09-06-2009 at 10:11 PM
Monkey
minimike98 wrote:
Nooo why why i cant live
:facepalm: clicky
I hope this is sarcasm, because if your first reaction to 'this update's gonna take a while' is this, something is VERY VERY WRONG.

broken [img] tags can do horrible things D:

09-06-2009 at 10:27 PM
minimike98
BUG

The first minigame dosent work

And whan you cant use you inventory it has to close very time you click on it.

[Last edited by minimike98 at 09-09-2009 09:58 AM]
09-09-2009 at 09:53 AM
minimike98
Whens the next update i cant live i cant live :shutup
09-14-2009 at 10:13 PM
Fang
If you keep posting for new updates I seriously consider abandoning it.

09-14-2009 at 10:17 PM
Monkey
Fang wrote:
The next update will take a very long while
Also, stop exaggerating, or if you're not, seek some help. Note that this is coming from me, the person who suffers a Critical Existence Failure when without computers (not testing it).

Edit: Ninja'd :(

[Last edited by Monkey at 09-14-2009 10:20 PM]
09-14-2009 at 10:20 PM
The Stew Boy
Rank Points: 247
Dr. Murphy wrote:
The Stew Boy wrote:
Any hints?
Yeah. Go north the castle and speak to the adviser in Once West. Get the task, head to Once East in the Kingdom. While in the armory, get the short sword to be able to do anything. Move towards Quarce South. Get there and move even farther south to gain access into the overworld. The western path leads to the swamp.

Once there, start killing. :D
How on earth was I supposed to guess that standing on the bridge made it extend? There weren't any large signs saying 'STAND HERE' or anything.
Also, how can I use the stuff that I buy at the Inn? Or have I just wasted 150 GR?

Edit: Bump, yes, sorry, but I just remembered about this hold.

[Last edited by The Stew Boy at 10-18-2009 11:39 PM]
10-18-2009 at 11:39 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Knight's Honor (Placeholder name)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com