Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Do saves carry over from DROD 3 demo to full version?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Thelas
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 32
IP: Logged
icon Do saves carry over from DROD 3 demo to full version? (0)  
This question refers to both
a. My save at the actual hold (The City Beneath Demo to the real The City Beneath)
b. My save on all the holds I downloaded
08-16-2009 at 03:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dr. Murphy
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 46
icon Re: Do saves carry over from DROD 3 demo to full version? (+1)  
You can export your saves from the demo and import them into the full game by exporting your player file. Before the game, the full version will ask you if you want to start a new player or if you want to import an already existing player. Choose "already existing player" and select your saved player file.
08-16-2009 at 03:21 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
slimm tom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1228
icon Re: Do saves carry over from DROD 3 demo to full version? (+2)  
There's another step involved if you want to carry over saves for the custom holds you've played. After importing your player profile, you need to import all holds you have played in the past. After you've done that, import your player profile again. This will import the saves for the custom holds.
08-16-2009 at 03:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Thelas
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 32
icon Re: Do saves carry over from DROD 3 demo to full version? (0)  
Okay, that's nice.
Can I import my saves from DROD3 and my progress in KDD from AE to the same profile?
And will the (conquered) Demo of TCB import its progress so I can start after the part about butterflies?

Also,
a. Is there a digital download version?
b. If I want to be able to use it on a PC and a Mac, do I have to buy two copies of the game?

Thelas
08-16-2009 at 03:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
slimm tom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1228
icon Re: Do saves carry over from DROD 3 demo to full version? (+4)  
Thelas wrote:.
Can I import my saves from DROD3 and my progress in KDD from AE to the same profile?
There's a couple of steps involved in this. First, you need to download the King Dugan's Dungeon hold (not the 2.0 one!) here.

If you then export your AE saves and then import them into your full DROD TCB install it should transfer your progress for the hold.

And will the (conquered) Demo of TCB import its progress so I can start after the part about butterflies?
Yes, if you export your profile (make sure to export your profile, not just your saves!), and then import it into TCB it will transfer your progress and you can continue playing on where you was.
a. Is there a digital download version?
Yes, unless you specifically order a CD version, you will only receive a download link for the game. Note however, if you order a CD version, you will also receive the download version so you can start playing.
b. If I want to be able to use it on a PC and a Mac, do I have to buy two copies of the game?
No, you will receive all 3 versions when purchasing TCB. However, you will only be emailed the download link for the version you've chosen when purchasing.

To download the other version, search your mail inbox for a mail offering a free month of CaravelNet. Activate this, and you can download all 3 versions on the download page.

I hope this helps!

[Last edited by slimm tom at 08-16-2009 03:55 PM]
08-16-2009 at 03:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Do saves carry over from DROD 3 demo to full version?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com