Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Help with holds (I need help installing holds)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
techant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 854
IP: Logged
icon Help with holds (0)  
Help. I have played all 25 levels of D.R.O.D. but I have no idea what a hold is or how to install it to play. I have searched the whole forum but no help that I could find. I downloaded one and clicked on it but my system did not know what to do with it. Please help :|
06-08-2004 at 02:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241
icon Re: Help with holds (+1)  
A hold is any dungeon made for DROD. For example, those 25 levels you just played were all part of the hold "King Dugan's Dungeon". Since DROD has a built in level editor, people make different holds all the time that you can download and play.

Playing holds:
First make sure you have the latest version of DROD(the one with the level editor). Download the hold. Put the hold in the directory C:\\Program Files\\DROD\\data\\Homemade. Now start up DROD. When you get to the title screen and press the "Where" button. Then press Import. Click on the name of the hold you just downloaded, and press "Okay". Now that hold name should show up in the "Where" window. Click on its name in the "Where" window and press "Okay". Now you should be back at the Title Screen. Simply press the "Continue" button on the top, and enjoy your new hold. :D
06-08-2004 at 02:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
icon Re: Help with holds (+1)  
First thing you need to be using is version 1.6. I'm not sure if you have that or not you didn't say.

After you have downloaded a hold click the where brick from the main menu. This will show you a list of installed holds and all you to choose the one you want to play. There will only be 1 so far. Next click import then find the hold you downloaded and import it. Then you can play.

Edit: Rats too slow

[Edited by Scott on 06-08-2004 at 01:47 AM GMT]
06-08-2004 at 02:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
techant
icon techant (0)  
Thank you both!!
I had an older version with bricks but no "where" brick. I just downloaded the 6.1, so I am off and running :D

07-02-2004 at 02:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
techant
icon techant (+1)  
:) I am so....oo happy !!

Got 6.1 install and downloaded some holds and started playing one. I just stopped long enough to say thanks again. I have been wanting more levels to play ever since I finished the webfoot version a few years ago. Now my mom wants me to down load the game for her. A BIG Thank you to all the folks who have made this happen :D

Amazing Contest Discription:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by techant at 10-20-2007 12:34 PM]
07-02-2004 at 03:22 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Help with holds (I need help installing holds)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com