Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Akandian Nights (Or... "one-room-a-day")
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged

File: Akandian_Nights2.hold (44.3 KB)
Downloaded 51 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Akandian Nights (+3)  
As it looks like a flash version of DROD isn't likely to be completed soon, I've decided to try out implementing the idea I had some time ago for less hardcore players wanting a stand-alone challenge.

How to play

Simply download this TCB hold attached to this post and have a go! Today's selection contains two rooms, one easy and one hard, both based on serpents.

You only need to complete one room to pass, but you can do both if you feel your sword is sharp enough.

How to submit

In order to get this project up and running, I need you to nominate or donate rooms to me at agaricus5@googlemail.com for this project! It doesn't matter how good an architect you think you are or the reputation of your hold, any difficulty and type of room are permitted; the single rule is that there is at least one entrance from which they are solvable. It would be preferable if the rooms are fun to play and aesthetically pleasing, but that is a subjective measure, and for now, I won't be enforcing it.

The procedure is simple:

If you want to nominate a room from a hold that has already been published, send me an Anyone-Edit copy of it, so I can test and include it if suitable. For now, I will only accept rooms from holds that you have authored; please don't copy someone else's room and send it to me without their permission (if you like a room from another hold, ask the author if they wish to have it included).

If you would like to build special stand-alone rooms for Akandian Nights, I encourage you to do so; if you've got left-over rooms that you don't know what to do with, please send them in. I will prioritise novel rooms over already-published rooms where I can, and if this project does eventually accumulate enough new rooms, you'll get your work featured in a compilation!

Please note, however, that if you do send me a new room, it may take some time for inclusion (depending on the waiting list) and you cannot re-use it in any other future hold. I may also ask you to edit it if it needs cleaning up, so please try to do a good job if you can; it's your work that's going to be featured!

Finally, if you send me something, you must also agree that I can use it in Akandian Nights and that you give me permission to use the room in all subsequent compilations that may arise from this project. Once again, you can email me hold files at agaricus5@googlemail.com.

Oh, and if you've got any other comments, please let me know.

Enjoy!

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 07-09-2009 01:04 AM]
07-06-2009 at 03:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
icon Re: Akandian Nights (0)  
I'm just posting this here as a placeholder. I'll delete it later if I don't need it.

07-06-2009 at 03:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
icon Re: Akandian Nights (0)  
Okay, here's day #2 with some new puzzles.

So far, I've only had two donors submit anything to me; are the rest of you really unwilling to have your rooms featured in Akandian Nights?

Please do nominate rooms; without them, I can't post any new puzzles! Alternatively, I could pick things like this, which might not be so manageable:

07-09-2009 at 01:00 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Akandian Nights (Or... "one-room-a-day")
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com