Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Watch the Bar!
Page 5 of 14
6789>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Re: Watch the Bar! (0)  
Am I hallucinating, or did the bar drop from 78% to 77% today?

08-19-2004 at 07:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
DiMono wrote:
Am I hallucinating, or did the bar drop from 78% to 77% today?

I think, you are. :)

At least I haven't seen 78%...

I could be wrong, though. I've not paid attention to the bar.

[Edited by Doom on 08-20-2004 at 04:06 AM GMT]
08-19-2004 at 07:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Either someone got a time machine and rewound us back a year, or someone fiddled with the JtRH bar...

NIce going, Matt... :| :? :-O :( :weep

-Patrick

Edit: You didn't even do it right! There should be a red door for negative....

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 on 09-06-2004 at 02:55 PM GMT]

09-06-2004 at 03:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
What do you think which direction it will go next?

Will it go to -100%, which means that the there is no status?
Or will the status go to 0%, which means that there will be no JtRH? ;)

-- Tim
09-06-2004 at 09:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
back to 78%

You like stopping people's hearts do you Matt? ;)
09-07-2004 at 01:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I stand by my earlier comment:

*snicker*

You like stopping people's hearts do you Matt?

If me changing a number on a website is stopping your heart, perhaps you need to think about getting some exercise or something. We'd hate for you to be wetting yourself in excitement, because for one thing, it'd smell, and another thing, it's a lot of pressure.

But thanks for thinking of me.

Matt

09-07-2004 at 04:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
If me changing a number on a website is stopping your heart, perhaps you need to think about getting some exercise or something. We'd hate for you to be wetting yourself in excitement, because for one thing, it'd smell, and another thing, it's a lot of pressure.
I have to agree with ya, Matt. It was a gag, and we know that JtRH will come out soon and, when it does, it will be a thing of beauty and joy forever...until they make the next version. :)

Seriously,

78.5%....my new favourite number :)...for the moment.

09-08-2004 at 12:50 AM
DiMono
I'm watching above the bar - status isn't bolded. Heehee. 78.75%, we're rounding the corner.

09-12-2004 at 02:45 PM
joker5
Rank Points: 607
Bloody sharp corner then... although that would explain the slowdown.

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
09-12-2004 at 04:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
The impossible has happened!

80%!

-- Tim

09-22-2004 at 07:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
Here is my mathematical forula:

the time that Erik spends on the forum is inversely proportional to the progress of JtRH, and every post that he makes, the bar stops for a day. Evidence for this comes from the posting frnzy a few weeks back accompanied by the -12.5% on the bar, and the recent lack of posts while the competition has started has resulted in the bar going up to 80%.

therefore, If the administrators can convince whoever is supposed to be doing some programming at that specific time off the forum, it shoudl go up quioker! and there will be JtRH betas for all!
09-22-2004 at 08:28 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
wackhead_uk wrote:
Here is my mathematical forula:

the time that Erik spends on the forum is inversely proportional to the progress of JtRH, and every post that he makes, the bar stops for a day. Evidence for this comes from the posting frnzy a few weeks back accompanied by the -12.5% on the bar, and the recent lack of posts while the competition has started has resulted in the bar going up to 80%.
Ha ha! That's funny. You never can tell when they're quiet... But, truly, when Erik gets really quiet, you can be sure he's working on something big...
therefore, If the administrators can convince whoever is supposed to be doing some programming at that specific time off the forum, it should go up quicker! and there will be JtRH betas for all!
Betas, woo hoo! I can't wait!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
09-22-2004 at 08:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
HSE
Rank Points: 162
Betas? Can I help?
09-22-2004 at 10:09 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
If I send a picture of me down on my knees begging for a copy of the beta, do you think I would get one? I'll put me singing in the background "can I have a beta, can I have a beta..." as well if that's what it takes. I will do this if you're listening, whoever is in control of this...

[Edited by wackhead_uk at Local Time:09-22-2004 at 10:17 PM]
09-22-2004 at 10:16 PM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
(Doh! Posted under the wrong account a moment ago.)

We are doing some testing now with new players to see how they react to DROD when they've not played any version of it before. We haven't contacted anybody on the forum about it, because they've mostly all played DROD and wouldn't be useful for this particular type of test.

When we need more beta-testers, it's going to be handled with the shoulder-tapping system: me or somebody on the Caravel team will just respectfully ask people in private if they would like to test. Preference is given to people who have worked with us on 1.5 and 1.6 releases, because they've got experience that will be helpful and know what to expect. If somebody has been particularly involved on the forum or in contests, we might seek their help earlier too.

So I don't want to come across as unappreciative or high-and-mighty, but it is best to just wait for someone on the Caravel team to ask you if you'd like to beta-test. And please understand that we are not looking for a large number of testers, so it is likely that not everyone who would like to test will be able to.

-Erik

09-22-2004 at 10:36 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Oh, I know about the new player testing. I have spies on the internet.

And I suppose that it is a bit much to ask to be included on the beta tester list when Ive only been on a few months. And when I haven't completed Dugan's.

And ONE question - I don't know anything about the story of JtRH, but I assum that it is something like where all the monsters come from? Like is mentioned in the first story of Beethro (that is, the one in the smitemaster's guild)?
09-22-2004 at 10:50 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Watch the Bar! (+1)  
Technically, I think Erik's got a second sequel (a sequel to 1.7) as a possibility. DROD 1.7 is named "Journey to Rooted Hold" as far as I can tell, and this seems to imply that Beethro will be actually journeying to Rooted Hold in 1.7, but only reaches its entrance by the end of the game, and the clearing of Rooted Hold will be the sequel to that.

I may be wrong, though.

09-22-2004 at 10:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
As long as it doesn't go Star Wars crazy on sequels, I have no real care.

Neather: "Beethro, I am your father..."
Beethro: "Noooooooooooo........"
:starwars

If there is a legitimate story to a game, I will be eternally happy.....as I usually am!!:)

Edit: I'm pretty sure JtRH has been declared DROD 2.0.

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:09-23-2004 at 02:49 AM]

09-23-2004 at 02:48 AM
Stuwy
Right now I'm not that concerned as much of the story line than to the new graphics, sound and best of all, new dungeon elements.

Ooooooo I can't wait till it's officially released! It will rock the hizz-house
09-23-2004 at 03:05 AM
Mattcrampy
icon Re: Watch the Bar! (-1)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
When we need more beta-testers, it's going to be handled with the shoulder-tapping system: me or somebody on the Caravel team will just respectfully ask people in private if they would like to test. Preference is given to people who have worked with us on 1.5 and 1.6 releases, because they've got experience that will be helpful and know what to expect. If somebody has been particularly involved on the forum or in contests, we might seek their help earlier too.

To clarify: as I understand it, the idea is that we're looking for people who are going to give us good beta reports and thoughful, considered opinions, rather than people who are merely want the game early and are prepared to put up with a bit of mess. (I expect this will cause a flurry of people willing to carefully weigh up everything they can to how us their thoughtful side. I don't awfully mind because this is a pretty good side effect as side effects go.)

In any case, you'll all get it eventually, so don't be sad or concerned or commit seppuku if you don't get into the beta. Not everyone will, and if you all did we'd probbly not make enough for a sequel.

Matt

09-24-2004 at 08:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Mattcrampy wrote:

don't be sad or concerned or commit seppuku if you don't get into the beta.

Matt

Is that off of red dwarf? Or am I imagining things? *goes to watch episode with giant squid*
09-24-2004 at 06:54 PM
Mattcrampy
No, it's mere funny. No reference

If you really want a reference, it's probably a reference to that guest comic Mac Hall did for Megatokyo. But that's stretching it about as far as it is from here to Alpha Centuri.

Matt

09-25-2004 at 12:40 PM
DiMono
However, considering how infinitely huge the Universe is, the relative distance from here to Alpha Centauri is actually pretty small. Why, that's not much of a stretch at all! Good reference.

09-25-2004 at 02:06 PM
wackhead_uk
Well, red dwarf is set in space, 3 million years away from earth, though Im not sure how many light years that is.

80.5%!!! A big jump!
09-28-2004 at 08:59 PM
joker5
0.o You're making ANOTHER sequel? Whee!

Anyway, I think all the people got shoulder-tapped so now no one should hold their breath about whether or not you're gunna get in. I know I didn't so it kinda sucks but such is life.

Ah well. Once the stalled bar gets moving again it'll be good. I expect at least a 10% jump once beta is over. I'm off to mope now.

~joker5

09-30-2004 at 04:17 PM
Stuwy
icon Re: Watch the Bar! (+1)  
joker5 wrote:
Anyway, I think all the people got shoulder-tapped so now no one should hold their breath about whether or not you're gunna get in. I know I didn't so it kinda sucks but such is life.

I think so too, but:

If I was a beta tester, I could see the game early with all the 1337 exciting dungeon elements :thumbsup

I can fool around in the level editor :D

But then I have to find bugs, which can be pretty slow. :)

It would be stressfull, but I need to get the job done, putting more time beta testing and less time doing other stuff I wan't to do :no

In fact, I'll wait till it's released and have fun making levels, and enjoying the game! :D

Trust me, it will be worth the wait.
10-01-2004 at 01:59 AM
HSE
81%!!! Yay!
10-03-2004 at 10:33 PM
joker5
Notice the convinient lack of reply by DiMono, Onieromancer, and other demigods of the forum. So, folks, how's the beta?

~joker5

10-03-2004 at 10:38 PM
HSE
:lol That's funny, joker!
10-03-2004 at 10:57 PM
DiMono
joker5 wrote:
Notice the convinient lack of reply by DiMono, Onieromancer, and other demigods of the forum. So, folks, how's the beta?
Hey cool, I'm a demigod. Um... bring me a bagel!

Seriously though, remember what Erik (I think it was Erik) said about a week ago? It's currently going through testing with people who've never played the game before, it'll get to the closed beta with invitations a little later.

10-04-2004 at 04:07 AM
Page 5 of 14
6789>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Watch the Bar!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com