Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : King's Quest 3 + Beta -7 walkthrough (My King's quest 3 + beta -7 walkthrough)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
cyberdalekyeti
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon King's Quest 3 + Beta -7 walkthrough (0)  
Day 1
Do chore (1) In kitchen get bowl,knife and spoon (1). Get bread and mutton. Feed Wizard. Dust office click hand on basket to get scroll (1) Click hand on upper left shelf green book to look at countering magic or creative on magic (1)Click hand on wizards desk to read letters(1)Hide items under bed (1)Go to sleep wake up look in mirror in wizards bedroom (2)

Day 2
Feed wizard then clean up mess you will discover secret passage.
Wizard asks you to drink potion click potion on floor and than hand on yourself (2)Wizard asks you to get fishoil.
Go upstairs get glass from trash. Go into wizards bedroom open drawer under broken mirror get fairy dust.
Leave house feed chickens get chicken get chichen feather (1)
Go down path (1) Search forest for toadstool(1) andd mistletoe(1)
Get acorns next to tree with hole go south and get fruit.
Get flowers from bears garden. Cut web with knife(1)
After eagle flys by follow river and click hand on rock to get eagle feather(1) Go south from stores get amber stone.
Get pouch from file next to store. Go down ladder talk to bear than leave. Go to end of dock talk to fisherman leave go back try and get fish give fruit,bread or mutton to fisherman than get fish (1)
Use knife on fish. go into tavern use knife on stuffed green squirrel to get green fur ((1)Go to bears house watch bears leave. go south,west use web to get key ((2)Use key on door to unlock bears house.Get cook book(1) than look at it.
Upstairs open all 3 drawers get needle ((1)Sleep in baby bears bead get kicked out. go south,west and click on shining object to get thimble ((1) In inventory click needle on pouch(1)Back to store get fish oil(1),milk,lard and click on crate to get cinnamon sticks.Walk back toward path get robbed of all items.
Go into kitchen get fruit feed wizard.Go to sleep wake up.
Go into study move book and enter secret passage (2)In lab look at book(1) click hand on desk to look at notes (1)Get jar and use on aquarium. climb stairs throw water at cat (1)leave move book back.

Day 3
Do choir Wizard tells you to get firewood.Look in telescope to spy on tree with holeto discover secret(1) Go down path Talk to fisherman answer riddle type in COIN to get rope(2) go to tree reach in hole climb ladder to branch shake branch twice.Go into tree house.Tie bandit with rope(1) open bin get items((1)Run out down tree into desert don't look at Medusa Medusa turns bandit into stone(2) go back to tree and get vial(2)Use jar on ocean water go to store use ocean water on stove to get salt((1)
Use essence on yourself pet dog to get dog hair((2)Use jar on waterfall to get flying water. Search forest for firewood.
Go back to house into wizards bedroom use fishoil on drawer get mirror((2)Go back down path into desert don't look at medusa use mirror on Medusa ((3)Search desert for cactus(1)eat cinnamon sticks find snake use knife on snake (2).Back up to house give milk to cat get cat get cat hair(1)up to telescope put web on hook get fly(2)and web. Hide items under bed except firewood.Go into study than into kitchen get food items than feed wizard.
Sleep wake up use scroll and needle on door to get key(3)unlock door return key(1)go into wizards bedroom sneak over and get key from top of cabinet(2)sneak back out.Go to study use key on cabinet get wand(3)go back down into lab get spittle from above stairs(1)use toadstool on grinder to get powder. cut cactus with knife.get saffron. Make flying potion(2),teleportation (2),remove enchantments(2) and invisibility spells (2). Leave close passage again return wand(1) hind items under bed.

Day 4
Clean wizards bed go outside to get dew (1)hide dew under wizards bed go up to telescope wizard will tell you to get fruit.
down path get fruit,get acorns next to tree with hole again,get ocean water.get mud with spoon from stream.walk into web and use dispel potion on spider(3) go into cave get mandrake root. Use orb on crystal ball type ALexander (1) leave cave go south east.
Use invisibilty potion south past ogre search body get purse(2)
go into tavern get charcoal(1) Back up path hide items in barrel in kitchen except fruit (2)go upstairs than downstairs into dining room feed wizard.wizard sends you to bed and you wake up repeating the day again.
THE END

John

Edit note oops i now corrected the spelling of chore.

[Last edited by cyberdalekyeti at 06-21-2009 01:40 PM]
06-21-2009 at 04:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Danjen02
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: King's Quest 3 + Beta -7 walkthrough (0)  
It could certainly use some better formatting.

06-21-2009 at 05:10 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
"Choir" is probably not what you meant ;)

06-21-2009 at 09:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
nickytaddeo98764
icon King's Quest 3 + Beta -7 (0)  
i need some help please i made the cookie how do i give it to the wizard and how do i get the bowl from the 3 bear house
08-17-2009 at 01:48 PM
Radiant
icon Re: King's Quest 3 + Beta -7 (0)  
nickytaddeo98764 wrote:
i need some help please i made the cookie how do i give it to the wizard and how do i get the bowl from the 3 bear house

I believe that may not actually be possible in the latest version.

08-17-2009 at 08:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ltcolonel97062
Level: Disabled
King's Quest 3 Plus walkthrough (0)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who ever did the walthrough for this game, thankyou. Although, I am stuck. I have the ocean water, and in the walkthrough it says to use the ocean water on the stove in the store. I have tried to do that, but it won't turn it into salt. Please help me.

08-25-2009 at 06:53 AM
Radiant
ltcolonel97062, please be civil on these boards and respectful of other posters.

08-25-2009 at 10:22 AM
oversight1979
The walkthrough by John was and is great! However, how does 1 make the spells at the end of Day 3? Also, there is no "flying potion". Anyone, please help me.
02-28-2011 at 10:57 PM
Radiant
oversight1979 wrote:
The walkthrough by John was and is great! However, how does 1 make the spells at the end of Day 3? Also, there is no "flying potion". Anyone, please help me.

Follow the instructions in the spell book, of course. You'll need two different documents to figure out what the symbols mean.

03-02-2011 at 05:39 PM
fluxmaster
It's been a few years since I first played this game, but with the release of KQ3 Redux I thought I'd try it again so as to compare the two games.

When I got to the part where I have to tie up the bandit in the treehouse, the game terminates when I click the rope on the bandit. This is using Beta 7. I went through my old saved games from a few years back and found a saved game from Beta 4 where the bandit is already tied up, and saved games from Betas 5 and 6 where the bandit has already been defeated in the desert. Yet when I try clicking the rope on the sleeping bandit in the treehouse in any of Betas 4 through 7 the program terminates abnormally.

Since I do have saved games from the previous betas where the rope has been tied around the bandit, there must be a way to accomplish this. I vaguely remember that this same problem came up when we were first testing the game, but I can't remember what the workaround was.

So my question is this: What do I have to do to tie the rope around the sleeping bandit without causing the game to terminate abnormally? What extra thing do I have to do, or what thing to I have to avoid, to prevent the abnormal termination?

03-29-2011 at 04:39 PM
Radiant
Thanks! To be honest, I don't recall how exactly to deal with the bandit, since it was years ago that I worked on that game. Have you tried clicking the rope on the chair leg instead? What kind of termination message are you getting, anyway?

04-08-2011 at 12:30 AM
fluxmaster
If I click the rope on the bandit, I get the following message:

---------------------------
Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occured in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x00449B26 ; program pointer is +77, ACI version 2.62.772, gtags (1,10)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and notify CJ on the Tech forum.

(Global script line 3782)

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.
OK

When I click the rope on the chair leg in Beta version 6, I get a one-character message from AGS which consists of a letter with an accent mark on top. If I click on the chair leg in Beta version 7, I get the following error message:

Adventure Game Studio
An error has occured. Please contact the game author for support, as this
is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 2.62.772)

(Global script line 2996)
Error: Cannot display message with extended characters in SCI font

(Accented characters, for example the special French and German e/a/u/i letters cannot be used by default. You need to import a TTF font to do so).

OK

Now I realize that you are no longer working on this game, and I don't expect you to fix these or any more bugs. But I know I was able to do it before, because I have saved games to prove it. I just don't remember exactly what I did differently. I've checked through my e-mail exchanges with you from 2004, and there were no questions or replies regarding how to tie up the bandit, so apparently I didn't have so much difficulty doing it back then.

If you still have some old saved games from this game, you may want to try it to see what I mean.

I've been playing KQ3 Redux, which is itself a great game, but even with Redux out, your game still stands on its own. It's a shame it was never finished. I'd like to see what puzzles you had planned for the latter half of the game.

04-08-2011 at 01:32 AM
Radiant

Well, I'm not entirely sure what's up here, but I'd suggest you download the version from the Crystal Shard site to ensure you've got the same one as in the walkthrough above, and that you click the rope on the bandit rather than the chair, and that you use the rope rather than the strand of web. Does that help?

04-12-2011 at 01:01 PM
fluxmaster
I downloaded Beta 7 a few weeks ago, and I don't think it's changed since. I don't have the strand of web in my inventory; it's in the box in the treehouse. And I am clicking on the bandit; I've tried this repeatedly to make sure.

The error message suggests that it's a bug in AGS and not in your script, since it says "Notify CJ," and most AGS error messages say that it's probably a scripting error and not a bug in AGS. I've posted a thread about this in the AGS Tech Support forums. You may want to look at that thread and comment on it.

Since I know it's worked in the past, and I have saved games to prove it, I think that the crash may be caused by security updates to Windows. (I'm using Windows XP.) If you haven't tried this recently, and if you have some old saved games lying around, you may want to try it now to see if it happens on your system. Thanks.

04-13-2011 at 03:07 PM
fluxmaster
I was running out of disk space on my computer, so I uninstalled all of my Windows updates. I tried the game again, and it still crashed under the same conditions as before. So the security updates don't seem to have been the problem. Since I know it worked before, I wonder why it is not working now, or what I may have done differently before.

05-20-2011 at 01:36 AM
Radiant
The issue appears to be that the game is trying to print an empty string, i.e. character 0. The standard AGS display functions only allow you to print characters 32-126.

05-20-2011 at 10:57 AM
fluxmaster
Okay, I figured it out. You have to play the game straight through without quitting and restarting. So I was able to tie up the bandit and defeat Medusa in the desert by playing through that part all in one sitting. Before I had played part way through and quit, then resumed play on a subsequent day.

I hope there aren't any more crashes like this, since I still want to get through the rest of the game, and I don't want to have to play the whole thing is one sitting.

[Last edited by fluxmaster at 07-03-2011 04:30 AM]
06-22-2011 at 12:03 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : King's Quest 3 + Beta -7 walkthrough (My King's quest 3 + beta -7 walkthrough)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com