Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Simple yet addicting game
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
IP: Logged
icon Simple yet addicting game (+2)  
this game is weird but fun, you whack horned cyclops and you get money to buy items. I got a total score of 25475 and died on level 11 by hitting 2 bomb guys in a row. I advise you to get the wings when you have enough money, the game gets pretty intense.

http://www.kiteretsu.jp/on/tontie/
05-31-2004 at 12:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Simple yet addicting game (0)  
What do the wings do? I never bought them; I also got to level 11 (skip the first hammer upgrade and go for the second. If you happen to have enough money early enough, or unlucky enough for the shop to show up only relatively late, the third hammer is really great - if you have it, kill the eyeless creatures because you'll lose 1 gold and get 2).

05-31-2004 at 12:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
I have noticed that when you purchase the wings your hammer strikes much faster. But I'm on a slow machine so I'm not sure.
05-31-2004 at 03:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
So if you hit two bombs in a row, you lose?

Are there any help files that list the types of guys, what powerups there are, and all that?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
05-31-2004 at 05:18 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Simple yet addicting game (+1)  
The pictures should be explanatory enough about the enemies (the Japanese are excellent at that). The life "dial" tells you how many hits it can take, the points number tells you how many points you get for hitting it, and the lose number tells you how much health you lose for not hitting it.

I don't know exactly how much health you have, but a bomb will take out 100 health points, so that's a significant chunk of it.

I always seem to get the shop either right at the start when I have nothing, or I die with several hundred coins before it appears.

Grrr!

Thanks, Stuwy, for introducing me to the game!

05-31-2004 at 05:30 PM
SKWERLL
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
This game is g00d but yeah, it's really weird when you get the shop at the begining. Also, pop-up ads greatly mess up the experience :no ...
WHICH MEANS THAT the pop-up blocking programs should get to work
>:)

The best hold in the world!
05-31-2004 at 07:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
I don't get any pop-ups on the page, even without a blocker.

Two notes:

- Each of your hearts equals 50 life.
- On the upper left corner of the page there's a link to a game called GROW - it's a really cool logic puzzle game, where figuring out what's going on is half the fun...

05-31-2004 at 10:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Also...

Hitting an empty square loses you 10 health, and grabbing a heart gives you 5.

Golden eye-monsters will always give three coins, and the spike ball/mace will always give a heart (You can only effectively get this if you upgrade the hammer).

05-31-2004 at 11:29 PM
eytanz
If you have an upgraded hammer, can you hit the maces without getting damage? If so, that's quite cool. Never tried that.

The eyeless monsters will always give you 2 coins, by the way - you can efficiently get it if you have the best hammer.

05-31-2004 at 11:34 PM
agaricus5
eytanz wrote:
If you have an upgraded hammer, can you hit the maces without getting damage? If so, that's quite cool. Never tried that.

If you can destroy it in one hit, a monster cannot have a negative effect on you.

The eyeless monsters will always give you 2 coins, by the way - you can efficiently get it if you have the best hammer.
The problem is that I cannot amass enough coins or survive long enough to enter the shop to get it. The random number function that generates the monsters is just so inconvenient.

05-31-2004 at 11:52 PM
eytanz
Yeah - I just finished a game on level 9, when the last time I saw the shop was on level 4, before I had enough money to buy anything - I ended the game with 330 gold.

06-01-2004 at 12:17 AM
eytanz
Hey, Stuwy - or anyone else who can reach level 11 - would you mind letting me know what the new enemy is? I can only reach level 10 but I'm curious...

06-01-2004 at 04:08 AM
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
SKWERLL wrote:
Also, pop-up ads greatly mess up the experience :no ...
You must have ad-ware on your computer or something, because I don't see any pop-up ads either, even if I turn the blocker off.

I've managed to get to level 10, with 16200 points.

Oh, and has anyone tried out Vanilla yet?
I got to 29.7 feet the last time I played it.

[Edited by Nillo on 06-03-2004 at 07:22 AM GMT]

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
06-01-2004 at 07:50 AM
agaricus5
eytanz wrote:
Hey, Stuwy - or anyone else who can reach level 11 - would you mind letting me know what the new enemy is? I can only reach level 10 but I'm curious...

But...

eytanz also wrote:
What do the wings do? I never bought them; I also got to level 11 (skip the first hammer upgrade and go for the second.

Did you forget?

06-01-2004 at 10:32 AM
eytanz
eytanz also wrote:
What do the wings do? I never bought them; I also got to level 11 (skip the first hammer upgrade and go for the second.

Did you forget?
Actually, I was confused - I thought at the time that the level I reached was 11, but then I reached it again and realized that it was only 10.

06-01-2004 at 02:22 PM
Stuwy
eytanz wrote:

Click here to view the secret text

06-01-2004 at 09:56 PM
eytanz
Stuwy wrote:
eytanz wrote:

06-01-2004 at 10:26 PM
Stuwy
eytanz wrote:
Stuwy wrote:
eytanz wrote:

Ahh, I see now, thanks. I'm still pondering what the middle item is in the store that's always sold out.
06-01-2004 at 11:11 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Simple yet addicting game
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com