Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Some requests
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Hamish
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Some requests (0)  
I don't know if these have been said yet or not but I would like an option for monsters to move towards you such as in the other DROD games.

You place a monster and you can set it to Guard mode (To guard a pathway or something) or movement mode (To give it the command to use a movement source depending on what it is (Smarter, normal, omni) (Example goblin gets smart, roach normal.)

I've tried doing it through NPC but I find that just too hard.

I'd also like to see an image creator.

This would be great, you could draw or paste images in and select to create an object, wall monster or whatever and then you give it commands.

If that could be done It'd be much appreciated!

:)

06-14-2009 at 07:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
icon Re: Some requests (0)  
reply has been removed from topic for making no sense

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 06-14-2009 08:37 PM]
06-14-2009 at 02:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576
icon Re: Some requests (+1)  
12th Archivist wrote:
The "Guard Mode" already exists. Simply put a monster in front of a narrow tunnel and you've got the tunnel guarded. Movement in DROD RPG has been avoided because there is no real point. If you're trying to make a hold in the RPG that's like TCB, just make a hold in TCB.
It hasn't been avoided! Just use the scripting command "Move to player" and the monster will move towards the player. You'll need to set the monster's stats in the script as well to use this method.

And there is a lot more you can do with moving monsters than just recreating TCB. I'm sorry, but that comment really riles me -- it's like saying "You can't write anything new, because Shakespeare already used all the letters of the alphabet."

Just a few ideas:

* Moving monsters are great for boss fights, like the Guard Training series of mini-bosses in Nobard's Hold and the Ogre Lord / Goblin Swordsmen fight later on.
* Monster behind door. ATK gem on pressure plate that opens door. Is it safe to get it? Can you find a way to avoid the monster rather than fighting it?
* A "pursuit" level, where the moving monsters are too strong to fight and you have to get away from them. (Or maybe you can fight them, but it damages you so much that you can only afford to kill a few.)
* Moving monsters + bombs = tactical puzzle. Different from anything you can do in TCB because in RPG you don't have to kill the monsters but you may want to (to get greckles).
* Fetch quests, where the "monster" is something you have to transport from one place to another to get a reward.

This is only just scratching the surface...

06-14-2009 at 08:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Ooh.

Ignore what I said. Nuntar is right.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
06-14-2009 at 08:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fang
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 175
Nuntar wrote:
* A "pursuit" level, where the moving monsters are too strong to fight and you have to get away from them. (Or maybe you can fight them, but it damages you so much that you can only afford to kill a few.)

That's an idea I already am working on, with a Slayer chasing you through a whole level. :)

06-29-2009 at 10:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Some requests
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No