Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Serious problem
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vniksic
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Serious problem (0)  
I have a serious problem with my savegame and hold in the works. First off, I'm using the linux version of drod, and I'm running MDK 9.2.

I was editing a room in my hold, and started to test it, and when I pressed escape to return to edit mode the totally crashed (the first time I ever saw anything like that). So I went to a text console and killed the game. I restarted the game and went on with my business editing the hold, nothing special, everything seemed to work. I didn't lose anything.

Later that day I started up the computer, booted linux, and then when I try to start the game nothing happens. I see a 100% CPU load and the game doesn't load. I tared up the entire game directory and reinstalled the game, and now it works. Please tell me is there a way to retrieve the savegame and the hold I was working on. Unfortunately I wasn't making backups every now and then, and I have a really old version of the hold exported in a file. What files do I copy from the original drod-1.6 directory in order to at least get the hold back, I don't care about the savegame much.

Thanks in advance.
05-26-2004 at 07:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Serious problem
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes