Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : El Dorado : Finale : 3 North
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
porcorosso
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
IP: Logged
icon El Dorado : Finale : 3 North (0)  
I vaguely remember a similar Larry Murk room where a lot of babies were born but It had a totaly different lynchpin. I cannot see however how to make progress here at all how to use the mirrors
in order to manipuate the babies not to be born or something ?

I tried creating a barier so babies would come only from one side
but did not really succed. Even if so it does not seem to helpful as there are potentialy 32 babies born each spawn....

This room is pretty evil it seems ...
04-21-2009 at 08:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: El Dorado : Finale : 3 North (0)  
To reduce the number of babies per spawn, you need to remove the tar from the walls. Simply stab it.

The problem is, as you've noticed, there are so many babies in the room already, you don't get the opportunity. That's where the mirrors come in.

Click here to view the secret text

04-21-2009 at 09:21 AM
porcorosso
Well I managed to make one wall around the center but no chance for a second one. Can you please give more hints, maybe before a demo, a picture of the configuration after you have achieved the 'walling in' so you can work on the tar ...
This room does seem a bit tedious AND hard .
04-21-2009 at 10:10 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170

File: drodscreen0.jpg (229.3 KB)
Downloaded 54 times.
License: Public Domain
Yes, this room is tough, and no, I'm not going to give you my demo. As with many BoyBlue horde rooms, you need to spend some a lot of time playing with it, to arrive at a good strategy.

I just browsed through the existing solutions so far. Interestingly enough, each player came up with something different that worked. Amazingly, LarryMurk managed this room without walling himself in on both sides.

Here's a screenshot of what my walls looked like. The three other players who completely walled themselves in did it in three different ways. So you don't have to make your room look like mine.

Something I did that no one else did after building the walls:

04-21-2009 at 11:07 AM
porcorosso
Well I managed it at last not very inteligently (I could not figure out how to move the western wall) but rater by patiently hacking my way at the babues and tar after the first stage. Now I am dumbfounded by the rock giants room, guess will need a hint for that too soon ...
04-21-2009 at 12:31 PM
kikuchiyo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 113
I was able to wall myself in, the western wall is even a bit further west than in the screenshot, but now what?

When I open the wall in any way, the roaches just keep coming without any gap long enough to do anything. I mean, I can stand my ground, but I can't turn north for long enough to break more tar, I can't even push the wall to the west.

Specifically, how is this
possible?
12-28-2023 at 12:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1138
I solved it differently from CSR, but I looked at her demo to see her solution at this point.

My stuff:

12-28-2023 at 02:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : El Dorado : Finale : 3 North
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com