Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : The Kingdom of Loathing (An Adventurer is You!)
<<2345
Page 6 of 13
78910>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
S1aY3R
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Kingdom of Loathing (0)  
The gym is very useful. I get between 13 and 20 points per turn.
Almost level 17 now. I haven't played in over a month.
09-15-2004 at 10:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
S1aY3R
Also, was there a meat reset? My 10mil meat disappeared.
09-15-2004 at 10:14 PM
leroy00
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 155
I tried out the cake-shaped arena; your familiar gains kills for every victory against the house familiars. After 10 victories, you get a piece of familiar eq which gives a +5 weight bonus. The bad news is, they are all apparently only equippable by one type of familiar. But that just on the side, I am actually posting to ask if anyone could explain the following description to me. There is apparently some pun in it that I don't understand.

--leroy

"magnifying glass

This magnifying glass was specially designed to gather starlight and focus it through a star starfish. It could probably also be used to turn ants into ant-b-que, but I think we're all a little more mature than that."

09-16-2004 at 10:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nillo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
leroy00 wrote:
"magnifying glass

This magnifying glass was specially designed to gather starlight and focus it through a star starfish. It could probably also be used to turn ants into ant-b-que, but I think we're all a little more mature than that."
"turn ants into ant-b-que" means burn ants with the magnifying glass by focusing the sunlight on them.

Also, lead necklaces are equippable by all familiars.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
09-16-2004 at 11:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
[ITA]mich
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
Sigh... why you don't want me in the clan??? :~(
I applied twice and the second time I also messaged the leader saying I'm a poster in this forum but still no answer :~(

BTW: I'm itamich the lvl.5 sauceror.

Bye.
--
[ITA]mich.
09-18-2004 at 12:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
SKWERLL
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
Being on the asymmetric.net (KoL) forums all the time makes it significantly harder for me not to write obscenities on this forum.

The best hold in the world!
09-25-2004 at 09:11 PM
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
The shock collar doesn't add weight, but makes the bat more owner-friendly.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
10-01-2004 at 11:03 AM
Nillo
[ITA]mich wrote:
I applied twice and the second time I also messaged the leader saying I'm a poster in this forum but still no answer :~(
Same here with my multi. I've applied several times, and wrote in the clan message board about it, but no answer.

Who's the clan leader, anyway?

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
10-01-2004 at 12:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Rank Points: 349
saxogds is, but he hasn't logged in in almost two weeks.

10-01-2004 at 01:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
Does no one else have the rights to let people into the clan?

10-01-2004 at 01:39 PM
hahaz
hey, can i join, my username is hehehe123
ty
10-15-2004 at 02:12 AM
Nillo
hahaz wrote:
hey, can i join, my username is hehehe123
ty
Seeing as how you just registered, and that's the only post you've made, how do we know that you have any relation to DROD or the community at all? I think you should try again and post something lengthier.

10-15-2004 at 02:02 PM
masonjason
This guy hasn't even applied to the clan, anyway. Unless someone got there before me and rejected him.

10-15-2004 at 03:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
seungminaz
hello! I just registered to this forum =)
glad to see some fellow KOL lovers :D
I'm a level 3 saucerer --> seungminaz , and i started playing recently
wahahaha i've been hooked since ^^

Been looking for a clan to join, and smitemaster seems like a pretty cool one =)
could I join? :D

btw one of my favourite enemies was the one which was arguing with you on opposite day
'But I declared it was opposite day by not declaring it!'
omg that was hilarious ^^ :lol
11-09-2004 at 08:30 AM
Stuwy
Rank Points: 212
I just got booted form the guild for no reason when I logged in today. Is it something I have been doing (or done?)
11-18-2004 at 07:23 PM
Nillo
Stuwy wrote:
I just got booted form the guild for no reason when I logged in today. Is it something I have been doing (or done?)
I don't know. Maybe you should message Masonjason about it, he's the clan leader nowadays.

[Edited by Nillo at Local Time:11-18-2004 at 07:48 PM]

11-18-2004 at 07:47 PM
wackhead_uk
Rank Points: 352
Is there any way to lower your mysticality? In drink form, that is. I accidentally let myself get to level 9, and I want to stay level 8.
11-18-2004 at 08:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
wackhead_uk wrote:
Is there any way to lower your mysticality? In drink form, that is. I accidentally let myself get to level 9, and I want to stay level 8.

Purchase some goofballs and eat around 7 before you start to lose stats. Either that or gamble with 668 scrolls to either gain/lose a level.
11-18-2004 at 08:56 PM
masonjason
Stuwy wrote:
That's weird - I have no idea what could have happened. Reapply please.

11-19-2004 at 01:15 PM
wackhead_uk
Ah, I stayed levelled up to kill someone who put a hit out on me. So I attacked and successfully defeated them. twice. Thankyou, and goodbye. If you need anyone level 9 to die, call me!
11-19-2004 at 07:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fafnir
Rank Points: 315
I started playing a while ago, before I came to the forum, so my nick's actually 'Foxman' rather than Fafnir. So when I apply, please could you let me in rather than discounting me as just another heathen non-DRODder? Thanks!

11-19-2004 at 07:27 PM
Stuwy
If you guys some extra spare change, hit your victim a couple times with the aid of the mafia, then PvP him. A double strike!
11-19-2004 at 10:03 PM
wackhead_uk
Does anyone know what the 'permanent damage' is?

Anyway, that double strike only works if you are their level.
11-19-2004 at 10:05 PM
masonjason
wackhead_uk wrote:
Does anyone know what the 'permanent damage' is?
They lose a few stat subpoints, nothing major. They also get an item, the severed rocking-horse head.

11-20-2004 at 10:23 AM
wackhead_uk
Strange. Anyway, I bet that head is realkly useful as well.

Ah well, only 3 billion meat to go!
11-20-2004 at 07:05 PM
SKWERLL
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
For some reason, Jick decided that he PROBABLY won't make the reset happen. Voice your opinons.

I want the reset waah waah waah.

The best hold in the world!
12-19-2004 at 03:47 AM
wackhead_uk
I want to kill looter! Waargh!

Anyway, to help regain the clan's hell ramen stash? I'm only buying it from the mall from now on, and Am donating all my nododles, unless I sell them first. Heehee.
12-19-2004 at 11:37 AM
wmarkham
Rank Points: 125
I just started playing KoL, and I would like to join the Smitemasters' Guild. (It is spelled with "'s" in KoL, but shouldn't it be plural?) I don't have much presence yet in the DROD forums, (although I have been here longer!) so if that's a problem, I understand! My character over there is Awk.

[Edited by wmarkham at Local Time:12-22-2004 at 12:43 AM: heh. I misremembered my character's name]
12-21-2004 at 01:24 AM
wackhead_uk
I just thought I'd share with you how I found out how to get a lot of money, although a lot of you might already know.

Say you have 200 adventures. Buy about 120 'chewing gum on a string's, and then use them all inthe sewer. save the worthless trinkets and gewgaws, etc, and the spices, but sell everything else. Then sell the spices in your mall shop - about 1000 meat each straight away. Then, use all the worthless things to get ten leaf clovers and go to the frat house in disguise. Then use all the drink tickets you get and sell all the drinks in the mall. Loadsamoney!
01-01-2005 at 01:02 PM
Nillo
Or you could buy a Talisman'O'Nam in the mall, adventure in the Palindome and sell the limes you get for 6000 each. Moneys!

Edit: And the papayas are pretty useful in PvP now, too.

[Edited by Nillo at Local Time:01-01-2005 at 01:26 PM]

01-01-2005 at 01:23 PM
<<2345
Page 6 of 13
78910>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : The Kingdom of Loathing (An Adventurer is You!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com