Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : So, what did you do today?
Page 4 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
IP: Logged
icon Re: So, what did you do today? (0)  
Wake'd up. Went to special event to middle school. Then came home,turned on compiter. Tried play BMO,but no acces to my old account. And because I can't register again for few days (because they upraged site) I translated it to finnish. :) No I need to post them and say I translated it. :)
05-05-2009 at 03:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
icon Re: So, what did you do today? (+1)  
05:50: I woke up to an irritating tune coming from my phone. It took me a while to figure out what it was as I was still half asleep. I turned it off and went back to sleep.

06:55: I woke up (again, this time naturally) and lay in my bed thinking about nothing, waiting for my mother to call out asking what I wanted for breakfast. In a few minutes she did. I replied saying "A poached egg please".

07:05: I was called out of my bedroom to come and eat breakfast. I got what I wanted. Sitting in front of me was my favourite breakfast. As always I smothered it in pepper and ate it.

08:00: By now I had brushed my teeth and brushed my hair and it was time to get into the car to go to school. I got in and we drove off to school.

08:15: I arrived at school and went to get my bin and put it in it's place beforing going to class.

08:20: I had put my schoolbag in the bagracks and put all my school items on my desk. I then went to the classroom nearby to sort something out with a teacher (won't go into detial, I would just bore you).

8:55: School started and we started our first lesson: THE ARCTIC ASSIGMENT.

09:00 - 10:55: We used the Apple Mac'sTM to work on our movie products. My friends and I were doing a rip off: The Pirates of the Carribean and the Curse of the Beeping Watch!

10:55 - 11:15: Recess.

11:20: Our teacher read us a few pages from our novel that we have been reading in class (one of my favourite characters in the book died :~( . We are reading "My Story: Surviving Sydney Cove.

11:40: We worked on our ARCTIC ASSIGNMENT a little bit more.

12:30: I had to leave my assignment and go to a House Captain meeting for school. Boring!

13:10 - 13:50: Lunch.

14:00 - 14:20: We read a bit more of the novel.

15:00: Hometime!

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
05-06-2009 at 08:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4592
I'll answer for yesterday because I would have posted then but I didn't manage to find the time.

I spent most of the day visiting my friend Jonathan. Jonathan, like me, is a huge fan of the Repton series; he got in touch with me after reading my Repton 3 walkthrough on GameFAQs, and quite by coincidence we turned out to live near each other, so since then we've seen each other every two weeks, mostly to play Repton and discuss Repton-related ideas (including the levels we're designing) but another shared interest is writing, and recently I've added a story to Jonathan's action-adventure series about a group of nine girls who use stealth, cunning and the inevitable array of gadegtry to fight against crime.

Then when I came home I finally got a reply I'd been waiting for from Richard Hanson, the man in charge of Repton, to say that he liked the latest level I sent him, which is the last one needed to reach the target for the new release, Repton Extravaganza, which will hopefully be coming out soon now that all the levels are ready! :D

Then, finally, I briefly checked the forum for new posts and spent the rest of the evening relaxing, online-chatting to my best friend Erika, and watching videos on Youtube.

05-06-2009 at 01:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Monkey
Rank Points: 190
Installed Ubuntu 9.04. Got sound card working (and then murdered my ears with some speakers I have) and an account at ubuntuforums.org (as Generic_Guy, find me at the Community Cafe Games board). :D Installed UT2004. Thought about convincing mrimer to give me a free DROD RPG licence (since I have ubuntu and all, might as well).

Anyway, anyone remember me? I assume not, but hey, everybody likes false hope, right? :P

[Last edited by Monkey at 05-06-2009 06:09 PM]
05-06-2009 at 05:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
Welcome back! :yay

Just curious, why is running Ubuntu a reason to get a free license of DROD RPG? Unless of course you've bought it earlier for Windows, in which case you're obliged to receive a free copy of the game for Linux.

[Last edited by slimm tom at 05-06-2009 06:03 PM]
05-06-2009 at 06:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Monkey
slimm tom wrote:
Just curious, why is running Ubuntu a reason to get a free license of DROD RPG?
Installing Ubuntu re-allowed me to use my PC again (I #$&#ed Windows up, big time (but hey, Linux pwns all, right? :))). I had DROD RPG on my Windows installation, so I wouldn't exactly call it free, on second thought.
Anybody got a fish I can slap myself with?

[Last edited by Monkey at 05-06-2009 06:08 PM]
05-06-2009 at 06:07 PM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
In that case, feel free to drop me an email at support@caravelgames.com, with your order number in it. I'll send you a link for the Linux version.

If you have received the game through a contest, please include info on that in your email, and Mike can check that and give you a copy.

[Last edited by slimm tom at 05-06-2009 06:13 PM]
05-06-2009 at 06:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
Monkey wrote:
Anyway, anyone remember me? I assume not, but hey, everybody likes false hope, right? :P
Yes, welcome back. :)
05-06-2009 at 06:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insane
Rank Points: 154
Ugh...

Woke up; Took my meds for today at 7:30 (Got a 7-day prescription from my doctor, I was horribly sick the last few days); measured my temp (still 38.4° C), decided to stay home another day, fell asleep again.Woke up later, laid in bed a few hours till the headache passed; turned on my PC so I could say hi; decided I was still feeling sick; went to bed again.

Got up again a bit later; decided to take another stab at Tendry's Tale; got horribly confused on Rule 5; alt+f4'd it.
Got bored, decided to visit the forums; lurked a few topics; saw this; decided to reply.
05-06-2009 at 08:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Monkey wrote:
I have an un-proportionally good memory when it comes to DROD forumites, considering I have a dificult time remembering faces, and persons IRL :P
05-06-2009 at 09:14 PM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Blondbeard wrote:
I have an un-proportionally good memory when it comes to DROD forumites, considering I have a dificult time remembering faces, and persons IRL :P

Lucky you. I can't remember names, last names and dates. And what use do I have for remembering names if I don't remember person's name? :P

05-06-2009 at 09:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insane
O hey Blondbeard you still remember me? o:

I remember you! You had a pretty nice blonde beard that I'm fairly certain I've seen somewhere~
05-06-2009 at 09:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Insane wrote:
O hey Blondbeard you still remember me? o:

I remember you! You had a pretty nice blonde beard that I'm fairly certain I've seen somewhere~
Sure I do ;) You used to make my internet a bit slower by having a changing signature picture. And then you had the worlds smallest signature instead.
05-07-2009 at 05:15 AM
Insane
Heh, I'm being remembered as the guy that made everybody's internet slower.
I'm flattered.
05-07-2009 at 02:49 PM
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
I don't remember you doing that... then again, I'm not sure what I remember you for... I just remember "Oh hey, it's that guy from these forums. The one with the face. And the posts. eH's a pretty cool guy, if I'm remembering right and noting afraid of anything."

And hey, it's Monkey! That guy with the Python in his avatar! Hmm... what did you do, again? Oh, yeah, you made that sidescroller hold thingy. I remember it because I'm trying to do stuff like that all the time!

And for some reason I decided to talk funny in this post, like some sort of... guy. Argh, typicalselfmemehomestarrunnerraocowfasttalkmetaandaneditandanotheredittalkingaboutandandstuff, why you gotta be like this?

Edit: And Blondbeard... again, no idea what you did. All I know is I've talked to you before and you were nice. Hmm.

And another edit: I just noticed I put and at the start of every paragraph besides the first.

[Last edited by Sillyman at 05-08-2009 08:47 AM : Reason: Reason: Reason: Reason? REASON!]
05-08-2009 at 08:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
I left NYC and the internet for NC and a graduating sister, at least until Monday.

05-09-2009 at 12:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Monkey
Sillyman wrote:
And for some reason I decided to talk funny in this post, like some sort of... guy.
Is he a generic guy? ;)
]if you suddenly see a connection, my plan has succeeded! :D

[Last edited by Monkey at 05-12-2009 10:13 PM]
05-12-2009 at 10:12 PM
Krissan
Rank Points: 89
What I did today: Got back in the Top 100 :thumbsup

Of course, all my #1 scores (the few I had) have been taken away. :(

Also: Watched the classic KENTA vs. Naomichi Marufuji (the 2006 bout), though I doubt there are many other pro wrestling fans here.

05-13-2009 at 02:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
The main thing I did today:

took back a lot of my topscores which were beaten, so I have 200 topscores now :w00t

I still have a few topscores I would like to take back though ;)

Also tested Jacob's new hold and optimised The City Beneath.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 05-14-2009 09:29 PM]
05-14-2009 at 08:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
mxvladi wrote:
The main thing I did today:

took back a lot of my topscores which were beaten, so I have 200 topscores now :w00t

Why, you little...!

;)

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 05-14-2009 09:14 PM]
05-14-2009 at 09:13 PM
Snacko
Rank Points: 448
Yesterday I saw Legacy of Light at Arena Stage in Arlington, its first performance. It was a fantastic, moving and hilarious account of both the last days of both Émilie du Châtelet's final days, but of its significant impact on French philosopher Voltaire ("you wouldn't have those enlightened minds without me" he boasts directly to the audience) and a seperate, fictional plotline in modern day New Jersey, united both by themes of immortality and motherhood as well as more bizarre, literal connections as Voltaire and du Châtelet suddenly find themselves inexplicably able to interact with the living, the cause of which is wisely never explored.

Voltaire was especially entertaining as the narrator, his speech filled with the dry, dark humor you'd expect after experiencing his writings, but every character is well developed and memorable.

[Last edited by Snacko at 05-15-2009 07:04 PM]
05-15-2009 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
The Architest
Rank Points: 254
Wake'd up,had school,went to computer.

Argh,I hate my jaws. They hurt me when I try move my mouth. :weep And listened old DROD tracks. Got tear on my eye. I must buy new DROD when it cames out! I must!
05-19-2009 at 05:38 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
I woke up realising that no matter how much work you think you need to do, it's never enough. Never, I tell you. But I have pretty much finished all the undergraduate exams I have been struggling to complete, so I can DROD again (hence my absence for two weeks).

Also, while I'm here, I would also like to add that Norton 360 is evil enough not to tell you that when your subscription expires, the entire software is disabled. Yup - disabled! Everything turns off, including the firewall and antivirus; how does Symantec expect me to renew my licence if my computer gets attacked by something when I try to go online to do that? And yes, I did feel like some kind of n00b when I discovered this nasty surprise, I have to admit; it was the reason for my departure near the start of May. It's not to say that the Forum is booby-trapped, but you never know. ;)

But enough about me; what did you do today?

06-01-2009 at 11:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
Well, you only really have that problem on a PC.

All eliteness aside, look at it like Nietzche (and Steve Carrel's character in Little Miss Sunshine, a wonderful, clever American comedy starring Greg Kinnear which you should really check out if you haven't already) did: suffering is the only time you are ever living. Your suffering represents the only years that, in the grand scheme of Life, the Universe and Everything, actually matter. Suffering leads directly to living and living leads directly to creation. Through creation and appreciation of what is extraordinary: philanthropy, humility and art. It is mankind's great mistake that they assume what is unpleasant must be driven out of existence, instead our suffering is what separates us from our significantly less angst-inclined ancestors.

Just look at what happens when suffering has removed: my mother has recently gotten into a new reality television program which has prominently focused on a man I never heard of. Furthermore he constantly claims that he is the most famous man in the world and was recently baptized by Stephen Baldwin. A pathetic, surreal image that is entirely removed from reality. Remember to be thankful you are not him.

Anyway:

I woke up, broke off ties with a selfish, angry actress, caught myself complaining about a cough, rejoiced that I am graduating from high school Sunday, yelled at the would-be allies of said actress, watched the CoCo Christopher Show made plans for tomorrow and then threw them out when I realized that I need to be at school in five hours.

At the end I wrote, I don't mean this post, but I wrote. And I wrote and wrote until I had something to take pride in, then lay down for a well-deserved rest.

[Last edited by Snacko at 06-04-2009 07:36 AM]
06-04-2009 at 07:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Someone assaulted my bike today :(. After being in a car accident, you'd think it would have had enough, but no, someone had to crack the rim of the front wheel, and pull the chain off the gysmo on the back wheel.
06-04-2009 at 07:45 AM
Snacko
Here's the intro:

[Fishing for compliments is a terrible consequence of pride that both destroys its source and leads to selfishness, so this intro has been removed, and no, that was not the intro as originally written, if you really want to see it give me a PM]

I'm going for a combination of a surreal, storybook style and the panicked, hopeless pace of a fever dream.

Tell me what you think.

[Last edited by Snacko at 06-04-2009 08:10 AM]
06-04-2009 at 07:54 AM
Samuel
Well today...

I KISSED A GIRL AND I LIKED IT!

...so, what did you do today?

John Lennon
06-16-2009 at 07:28 AM
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Samuel wrote:
Well today...

...Really?

Well, if so, good job!

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
06-21-2009 at 05:32 AM
Samuel
12th Archivist wrote:
Samuel wrote:
Well today...

...Really?

Well, if so, good job!

John Lennon
06-21-2009 at 06:01 AM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Samuel wrote:
Well today...

Did...she?
06-21-2009 at 06:03 AM
Page 4 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : So, what did you do today?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com