Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Metal Dungeon v.1.0 (My first hold, I'm searching for beta-tester :))
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
TheDragonof85
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged

File: Metal Dungeon v10.hold (23.9 KB)
Downloaded 110 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Metal Dungeon v.1.0 (+1)  
Hi, I'm Dragon85. ^^
I created this hold in a moment of inspiration XD and... I hate beta-testing my own creations! XD
So, I'm searching for people who are going to test the hold. ^^
Report me bugs and help me to set difficulty level. :)
Thanks,
Dragon85. ^^

p.s. This is the Demo version, there're more levels in progress. :)
Any suggestion is welcome. ^^

(Sorry for my eventually bad english, I'm italian. :P)

[Last edited by TheDragonof85 at 02-01-2009 07:04 PM]
02-01-2009 at 07:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2334
icon Re: Metal Dungeon v.1.0 (+1)  
Before downloading the hold, I'd just like to say this:
If you, the architect, don't want to play your own hold enough to get it ready for beta testing, it's generally not worth playing. I've played through some of my rooms a dozen times until I got it how I wanted it, and it makes the hold much more satisfying.

First impressions after downloading are good, so don't take the first part as what I think about your hold. It's what your post conveys about your hold.

Number of the Beast

1S 1E: I like the skull. At first I was annoyed by the crumbly wall, but now I find it really adds to the picture. Fun room.

2S 1E: boring room, I don't think that this is much of a puzzle, and there isn't anything fun about dropping 253 trapdoors when they aren't laid out in a puzzling manner.

3S 1E: Tremendously long path to get to the exit that you have there. Also, you should keep the path further away from the walls so that you can't kill the Wraithwings from it.

3S 2E: You can beat this room without the mimic, but I say leave it in. It gives more options that way.

4S 1E: Again the long path. And it is customary to put a checkpoint in the room with the stairs, but you don't have to.

Black Rose Immortal

1W: I don't think that this room is possible (at least the entrance). I'd like to see a demo, if you have one. This is one case where my first comments come into effect. Please test your rooms at least once each before posting.

All in all, it's been a while since I've played a good hold by a brand new architect. :hi
02-02-2009 at 03:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TheDragonof85
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12

File: Metal Dungeon v13.hold (24.8 KB)
Downloaded 73 times.
License: Public Domain
Yeah, I've correct the bug in Black Rose Immortal. One of the eyes was turn in the wrong way. XD
I've follow your hints and I've change a few things. :P
Black Rose Immortal was testing. Soon I'll test other rooms, thanks for the hint. ^^

Thanks for the welcoming. :D

[Last edited by TheDragonof85 at 02-02-2009 07:09 PM]
02-02-2009 at 07:07 PM
brian_s
Rank Points: 587
I have went throught version 1.3 and have the following comments:

The Number of the Beast
Click here to view the secret text

Black Rose Immortal

Raining Blood

Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Through the Fire and Flames

02-08-2009 at 01:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
I would like to second the idea of putting another checkpoint or two in Raining Blood: 1S1W.

Good effort, but still needs work.

"Until it ends, there is no end."
02-09-2009 at 11:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 2334
Okay, after a long while I've come back to this.

I like the new 2S 1E a lot better than the old one. Good job with that.

And thank you so much for 4S 1E.

Black Rose Immortal:

1W: I like this room, even though it doesn't have a vision token in it to see the trapdoors. It's not that bad without it, so I think I'll leave it up to you whether to add it or not. But I'm just warning you, some people may not be too happy about it.

1S 1W: Good room, nice concept. I'm playing with undo assigned to a random key (because I think I'm relying on it too much), and so this was both a little bit of a challenge and quite fun to play.

1S: This would be more challenging if you switched which doors the orbs are assigned to. As it is, I killed all of the mothers before even trying for the north orb. Good room, nonetheless.

1E: I don't know if you know this, but 1E is quite an easy room. If you don't mind this, leave it in. There's no real reason to take it out.

Backtracking issue: I can't go back after beating 2S 1E. So if I don't complete 1N first... Of course, there's no blue door so I don't need to go back anyway.

Raining Blood:

1S 1W: Most people do not like mazes hidden under tar. I happen to be one of them. The one real complaint I have about this room is that there is a spot where if a tar baby is formed, I can never get to it. I'm kind of tired right now, so I'm not going to do any more tonight, but I'd really like that changed.
Now that I think about it, this kind of brings me back to the old days when I didn't even know about JTRH, and Beethro had a really amazing death scream. I say leave the maze in, but give a vision token to those who won't play it any other way.

[Last edited by Someone Else at 03-07-2009 05:49 AM]
03-07-2009 at 05:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
deftriver
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
icon Re: Metal Dungeon v.1.0 (0)  
Raining Blood 1S1E and 3S1E are both unsolvable

You might also want to put in some arrows in the exit room. I went down to 3S1W the wrong way, you can't do anything from that entrance but it seems like you like having the lead up to the next level, you can see it all before you finish at this point though.
04-17-2009 at 06:12 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Metal Dungeon v.1.0 (My first hold, I'm searching for beta-tester :))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com