Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Programming Challenge "Tag"
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ravon
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
IP: Logged
icon Programming Challenge "Tag" (0)  
Pretty simple with all the other tag games going around I probably won't get any. (I only do QB) maybe this is to techy but I think it would be cool.

RULES:
1. The first person to submit one gets priority, it is not a "which one do I like best?", but more of a I like it I'll take it.

2. The submitter is the judge, though they should be posted for everyone.

3. If you are working on one and someone else submits one POST YOURS!!! it will be cool to have more than one.

any other ideas post 'em.

I'll start off with a lights out variation.

you play lights out and when you are five squares away from winning you chose to break the board up by either columns or rows in blocks of two each so, if you have a six by six grid and you chose rows it would break into three blocks, you can then shuffle the blocks around and break them up again in a different way when you are sattisfied it returns to the lights out game and you get one click to make them all lit up. Scoring could be how manytimes you need to break them up.
note:it will be easier than lights out.

note:My idea was kind of exact if you want to do something more open ended you can.
04-15-2004 at 02:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
icon Re: Programming Challenge "Tag" (0)  
Is it allowed to make the answer in a game making program?
For example, The Games Factory.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
04-15-2004 at 09:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ravon
yeah I guess you can use game making programs but they get minus 2 on the priority list. And also if you just want to post some random program you've made go ahead plus for those of us with little programming experience if you make it with a game maker tell where you can get it and such.
04-16-2004 at 01:54 AM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Having never played Lights Out, I actually have no idea what the challenge is. Could you provide a more verbose set of criteria?

04-16-2004 at 01:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
I found some online games of lights out so I understand what that is now. But I am totally confused by the second part. Perhaps a diagram would show what you mean.
04-17-2004 at 01:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ravon
okay I'll whip together a diagram but for now use this.

KEY:
0=piece lit or unlit
-=break
|=break

if someone picked rows it would be split up as follows:

------
------

you could then move the pieces around in a jigsaw puzzle style until you were satisfied.

then you could
a) split the pieces up in a different way(such as columns)
b) go to the lights out main interface and continue with just one click to light them all up.

also, if you haven't figured it out by now if they chose columns the breaks would be

00|00|00
00|00|00
00|00|00
00|00|00
00|00|00
00|00|00

does that make sense? No? good...

anyway, maybe I won't put together a diagram if that explains it.
04-17-2004 at 03:21 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Programming Challenge "Tag"
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com