Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Break Out Of Jail! (Fighting Hold with a story)
Page 5 of 8
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ijack7
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged
icon Re: Break Out Of Jail! (0)  
Same point in the game. Same problem that Blondbeard mentioned above. You can't get to the shield because you have changed the character from the previous version to a citizen who blocks the way and can't be killed or moved. I don't think the game can be won without that shield.
06-23-2010 at 12:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
This is the latest update for this hold. Here, I have fixed a number of the character changes from a faulty "Citizen 1" to their proper appellations. In addition, I have changed the Door Guard script in Cell Block D. Not only do you have to choose either to listen to the passing guard to drop the water gate (any answer you pick will be wrong unless you listen to the guard, or skip the problem entirely by opening the blue door), but the password has been randomized! That means that "Dugalby the 2nd" won't always be the right answer, so you absolutely have to listen to the passing guard if you want the door guard to open the door for you. Though I have added the randomization and changed the layout slightly, I believe the root problem has been fixed. Hopefully. I didn't test out everything, after all.

That's it for now. Please comment on this new version so I can soon submit it!

EDIT: The new version is in a more recent post, as evidenced by my latest post.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 08-21-2010 06:21 AM]
08-16-2010 at 04:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
12th Archivist wrote:
The new version is in this post, unless I messed up which version to attach.
Hmm....I think you must not have attached the new version because the hold was ignored. :? ;)
08-16-2010 at 08:05 AM
12th Archivist
Any bugs or anything unintentional? Please comment! If you do not mention such things by the time 48 hours from now, I will submit this hold for HA review.

Unless of course I completely misunderstood Lamkin's post, and I did upload the wrong version.

08-17-2010 at 03:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lamkin
12th Archivist wrote:
Unless of course I completely misunderstood Lamkin's post, and I did upload the wrong version.
Aargh. My apologies if what I said in that last post was unclear. What I meant is that yes, I believe you did upload the wrong version. When I'd tried to import this most recent version a dialog box came up saying: "This hold is the same as a hold already installed and was ignored."

Edit: If you give me a few days, 12th, I can attempt to play through the entire hold from scratch to see what errors, if any, I can find. Of course, I'll need to know that I have the latest version. ;)

[Last edited by Lamkin at 08-17-2010 04:13 AM]
08-17-2010 at 03:49 AM
12th Archivist
There we go! This is the absolute latest version. I made sure by exporting the hold to a completely different area of my computer's memory and then uploaded it to the forum from that area.

The new version is in my post before last. I would most appreciate that, Lamkin. I release this hold is rather difficult and quite long, so I am even more glad you're willing to play through the whole thing. I believe you are a mentioned tester in the Scroll of Accreditation in the goblin cell. If you are not, I must add you.

Even if no bugs are found, I will probably make one last aesthetic change to the hold, making it look even more like a jail than before.

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 08-17-2010 04:32 AM]
08-17-2010 at 04:30 AM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Before I start playing I would like to see two fixes.

1) It is still impossible to reach Imperial Defense 1N6E. Please remove it.

2) You need to block acsess to the tunnel of Imperial Defense 3N4E before you beat the Cell Keeper. A black door in the alcove, and a preasure plate opening it somewhere behind the blue doors would fix that.
08-17-2010 at 06:58 AM
12th Archivist
Blondbeard wrote:
Before I start playing I would like to see two fixes.

1) It is still impossible to reach Imperial Defense 1N6E. Please remove it.
Done! The room has been removed, along with the special ending text you get if you visit the room before defeating the jailer.

2) You need to block acsess to the tunnel of Imperial Defense 3N4E before you beat the Cell Keeper. A black door in the alcove, and a preasure plate opening it somewhere behind the blue doors would fix that.
To me, it seems a bit redundant, but OK, I added it anyway.

New version in this page, a few of my posts above this one.

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 08-17-2010 02:26 PM]
08-17-2010 at 02:25 PM
Lamkin
Two problems that I've come across so far:

1. Going back down the stairs from Cell Block C to Cell Block D ends the hold.

2. The autosave checkpoints work perfectly, but there is a blue, swordless mimic showing up for each instead of the usual red "X".

And, although it's no big thing, there are a few misspellings:
a. The word 'hydraulic' is misspelled for the cut scene in Cell Block D: 1S.
b. The word 'atrocities' is misspelled for the cut scene in Cell Block C: The Entrance.
c. The word 'artificially' is misspelled for the cut scene in Cell Block B: The Entrance.

[Last edited by Lamkin at 08-17-2010 11:05 PM]
08-17-2010 at 09:50 PM
12th Archivist
Thank you for that input. I have fixed the bugs and have updated the post with the attachment to reflect the hold with the fixes.

08-18-2010 at 01:56 AM
12th Archivist
After conversing for several hours, Lamkin found some bugs that I have now fixed, including spelling/grammar errors, a faulty script, and a treasure chest.

New version in the post specified as the upload post, above.

08-18-2010 at 06:52 AM
Blondbeard
In Cell Block D 1N5E you could use the flippers to bypass the Lucky Greckle guard without ever obtaining the Lucky Greckle. The simples solution would be to remove the water.
08-18-2010 at 08:13 AM
Lamkin
A treasure chest? What the heck happened to the goblin-biter? How am I supposed to bite the goblins now?

08-18-2010 at 10:06 AM
12th Archivist
Fixed.

08-18-2010 at 02:31 PM
12th Archivist
Quick, minor fix editing the problems found in Lamkin's list of spelling/grammar changes.

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 08-18-2010 09:38 PM]
08-18-2010 at 09:38 PM
Lamkin
Lamkin wrote:
The autosave checkpoints work perfectly, but there is a blue, swordless mimic showing up for each instead of the usual red "X".
For whatever reason, this is happening again. I compared the scripting between a copy of the hold where the Autosaves were displaying correctly and one copy where they were not, and both scripts were identical...so I'm not sure what's going on there.
08-19-2010 at 12:42 AM
12th Archivist
I am updated the holds between two computers, one that has the checkpoint graphic file and one that does not. I shall fix this soon.

08-19-2010 at 01:33 AM
12th Archivist
A few minor problems have been fixed. Also, thanks to his marvelous work so far, Lamkin's name has been added to the Hold Testers accreditation scroll. Thank you, Lamkin for all the testing you've done recently! :thumbsup

The checkpoint graphic bug has been fixed yet again.

08-19-2010 at 06:01 AM
Blondbeard
One odd thing: Every time you update it is as if I download a new hold. It doesn't overwrite the old version, and I have a LOT of versions on my computer. And thus I can never restore, and always have to replay from the beginning every time you update.
08-19-2010 at 06:13 AM
burgerboy99
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 10
i cant get pass roach on 1s

how do i suposed to reach the helph and gem :?

allso i think its to dark.
08-19-2010 at 10:20 AM
Blondbeard
icon Re: Break Out Of Jail! (+1)  
Without a sword. With a sword the tradoor drops, and you don't want that.

I don't think it's too dark.
08-19-2010 at 11:27 AM
ijack7
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
icon Alternate Ending (0)  
Spoiler below.
Click here to view the secret text

I did not find any additional errors or bugs up to that point, so it looks good.
08-20-2010 at 04:18 AM
12th Archivist
icon Re: Alternate Ending (0)  
ijack7 wrote:
Spoiler below.
Click here to view the secret text

I did not find any additional errors or bugs up to that point, so it looks good.
You used the speed potion to beat the Vat Keeper? You were supposed to do that only after obtaining the invisibility potion!
If that happened, I will need to make the secret boss more difficult. Either that, or make one last secret room that can be reached only if the player didn't use the invisibility potion of the boss. Come to think of it, I'll do both, carefully.

08-20-2010 at 02:41 PM
Lamkin
After obtaining the lucky greckle and returning to Cell Block D: 1N, the black door closes once the player steps off of the pressure plate at (10,7).
08-20-2010 at 07:39 PM
12th Archivist
I have verified and in a few cases made sure the accessory chain functions properly. There were also a few aumtlich HP drains that I made less deadly to those who had braved the passage before.

The new version is in this post, with previously released versions being removed.

Also, I give Lamkin permission to edit my hold with the spelling/grammar errors. Be sure, Lamkin, to edit only the spelling/grammar problems and nothing else. I trust you on this.

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 08-22-2010 12:26 AM]
08-21-2010 at 06:20 AM
12th Archivist
This is the penultimate version of the hold. If there are any bugs, I shall fix them and add the ultimate version of the hold. If not, I shall submit this hold in its current state exactly 24 hours from now.

From then on, this hold's fate is in the hands of the Hold Administrators.

Good testing so far!

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 08-22-2010 05:30 PM]
08-22-2010 at 12:28 AM
Blondbeard
Once again you can use the flippers in order to obtain the Pick Axe (and you don't need the Lucky Greckle). I think this needs to be fixed in order for the axcessory chain to work like you planed it.

I have never understod how to get the Lucky Greckle either. It is behind a closed door, so you need a portible orb, or a pick axe, but thet seems rather pointless...
08-22-2010 at 01:16 PM
12th Archivist
Blondbeard wrote:
Once again you can use the flippers in order to obtain the Pick Axe (and you don't need the Lucky Greckle). I think this needs to be fixed in order for the axcessory chain to work like you planed it.
Thanks for mentioning that. I had fixed it in previous versions, but switching between computers (and hold files) to edit this hold tends to undo such repairs. Fixed now.
I have never understod how to get the Lucky Greckle either. It is behind a closed door, so you need a portible orb, or a pick axe, but thet seems rather pointless...
Two doors, in fact. You open the black doors by stepping on the pressure plates that are in that room.

08-22-2010 at 03:10 PM
Blondbeard
12th Archivist wrote:
Blondbeard wrote:
Thanks for mentioning that. I had fixed it in previous versions, but switching between computers (and hold files) to edit this hold tends to undo such repairs. Fixed now.
Two doors, in fact. You open the black doors by stepping on the pressure plates that are in that room.

Ehh... Right now you haven't posted an updated version.

And there is only one preasure plate in Cell Block D 1S, and that one does not open the door blocking access to the Lucky Greckle. I still don't understand.
08-22-2010 at 03:50 PM
Lamkin
Blondbeard wrote:
And there is only one preasure plate in Cell Block D 1S, and that one does not open the door blocking access to the Lucky Greckle. I still don't understand.
There is another Lucky Greckle in Cell Block A: 1W.
08-22-2010 at 04:07 PM
Page 5 of 8
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Break Out Of Jail! (Fighting Hold with a story)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com