Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Cludo's dungeon
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
IP: Logged

File: Cludos dungeon.drh (22.6 KB)
Downloaded 106 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Cludo's dungeon (+8)  
This is incomplete hold(1 level completed, about 1\3 of second level complete, too) which I've started doing a few days ago. I'm posting this to make sure I'm starting to do some kind of nonlinear RPG hold. I hope you'll enjoy this. :look

The first level and second level are tested several times, so if you have some problems, feel free ask for help here. Third level is in beta and incomplete(and impossible). So, pls test and give comments only for the first and second levels. :) EDIT: Everything is possible now.

Also, a note: second level uses Sandsome RPG style.

My max score after killing one of Cludo's roaches:

Click here to view the secret text

My max score after defeating swampy liche:

My max score after sandy liche's killed:

My max score after dungeon guard's killed:

[Last edited by mxvladi at 08-04-2009 12:58 PM]
11-07-2008 at 02:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Cludo's dungeon (0)  
It's a nice start. Although the choices kind of disapears, since you can use the grappling hook to sidestep the preasure plates in many cases. Also: consider that 8 defense is worth 4 attack in the alter of the real game. The choice between 1 attack and 1 defense is not that difficult (for most parts).
11-07-2008 at 03:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Blondbeard wrote:
Although the choices kind of disapears, since you can use the grappling hook to sidestep the preasure plates in many cases.

Thanks for telling. I've probably fixed that.

Also: consider that 8 defense is worth 4 attack in the alter of the real game. The choice between 1 attack and 1 defense is not that difficult (for most parts).

That's why I'm trying to add HP poitons near by defense gems to make choices tougher...
11-07-2008 at 03:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
icon Re: Cludo's dungeon (+1)  
New version. Second level added. It's not the final version of the second level though since the hold is actually becoming pretty easy on the second level. :( Anyway, it's ready for posting.
11-07-2008 at 07:14 PM
mxvladi
I don't know if there's anything wrong with the scripting, but it's probably a game, not hold, bug. MeckMeck GRE posted probably this problem here.

What about scripting in my hold, then I didn't put any random commands... :unsure
11-07-2008 at 07:56 PM
Blondbeard
That issue should have been solved in the newest stable patch. Do you have that, Nuntar?
11-07-2008 at 10:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
Blondbeard wrote:
That issue should have been solved in the newest stable patch. Do you have that, Nuntar?

It might be impossible for him to get it, because the patch is only compiled for windows.

11-08-2008 at 02:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
I'm still not sure you really intend for me to bypass many of the enemies as I do with the grappling hook. I got quite much points (around 1000 for all the enemies, except for the first roach. And there is a spare blue key (unless you waste one to get that +1 defense gem). I ended with stats: 1633/137/87/5/5/0
11-08-2008 at 08:18 AM
mxvladi
Blondbeard wrote:
I'm still not sure you really intend for me to bypass many of the enemies as I do with the grappling hook.

I didn't intend it. Fixed everything that could find in new version.

I And there is a spare blue key (unless you waste one to get that +1 defense gem).

what??? :-O Which of blue doors?..
11-08-2008 at 10:22 AM
Blondbeard
Well... You have two keys in floor one, but you only need to open the one by the water. The one in the entrane room seems quite pointless to open, since it just gives you a defense gem, and doesen't open any new roads. I bet this is unintended, though. You just strike the orb a second time. Make a door (black or red) in front of the orb, which closes when you strike it. Then when you move of that door your companion goes away, and you can't strike the orb again yourself, since a closed door is blocking you. That would solve the problem.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 11-08-2008 10:54 AM]
11-08-2008 at 10:50 AM
mxvladi
Ah, I understood the problem, thanks. Will be fixed soon.

EDIT: and fixed.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 11-08-2008 10:53 AM]
11-08-2008 at 10:53 AM
Blondbeard
Good.
11-08-2008 at 10:57 AM
Blondbeard
Score 1060 after beating the last boss.
11-08-2008 at 04:41 PM
mxvladi
Okay, monsters seem to be TOO WEAK in the left part of the second level. I'm going to fix that(instead of mad eyes there will be custom monsters there).
11-08-2008 at 07:47 PM
mxvladi
New version. Added part of third level and made second level harder.
11-09-2008 at 12:59 PM
mxvladi
New version. Third level is still in beta, but all its structure is complete( I mean that there won't be any new rooms, I'll just fix ones which exist if fix needed). Also, started doing fourth level(i.e. the hole). And a few minor changes in level 2. :)
11-14-2008 at 12:31 PM
Blondbeard
Clever, quite hard, and tedius as...

It's not fun to manage all the handbombs. This hold seriously needs an inventory. Also: once you have lot's of handbombs, enemies becomes quite not so dangerous. Thus you quicklu rush up in health and powers, until you get the really big sword, and then no enemy is even the slightest of dangerous. Also: The entrance room of the third level is buggy. You can't ever open the red door. Score 3060 after Cludo's warriors.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 11-14-2008 04:07 PM]
11-14-2008 at 04:05 PM
mxvladi
I forgot to remove Really Big Sword. :blush I've removed it in new version and now you can open red door in entrance.
11-14-2008 at 04:10 PM
Blondbeard
Please add an inventory for the third level! Five item slots (or ten) would be nice.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 11-14-2008 04:26 PM]
11-14-2008 at 04:26 PM
mxvladi
Blondbeard wrote:
Please add an inventory for the third level! Five item slots (or ten) would be nice.

Uh... inventory? What's it? :~( I mean... how do I do it? Through scripting?
11-14-2008 at 04:40 PM
Blondbeard
I don't know either, but The Spitemaster does. I can PM him, and ask, or you could do it.
11-14-2008 at 05:12 PM
mxvladi
Ok, I'll PM him.
11-14-2008 at 05:14 PM
Blondbeard
I can't beat Cludo, but I did beat his fegundo. My stats after beating the fegundo: HP 265, ATK 264, DEF 192, 11 yellow keys, 13 green keys (Greckles 11689). I brought a spare hand bomb down the hole.
11-14-2008 at 05:50 PM
mxvladi
You can defeat a fegundo in an incomplete level? :-O Wow. Awesome. Anyway, I'll finish that level soon.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 11-14-2008 05:56 PM]
11-14-2008 at 05:56 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1305
Okay, this is how you make an inventory:
1. Make a new level (probably titled "Inventory" or something)
2. Make a character in the room where you wish to give the player access to the inventory.
3. Click on "Characters" and add a new character, probably calling it "Inventory" as well.
4. Click on "Edit Default Script", and copy this script in:
  Each use Begin
  Go to End
Label Begin
  If ... 
        Wait until var "Inventory" = 0
     Set var "Inventory" = 1
     Go to level entrance 1,1
  Else 
     Set var "Inventory" = 0
     Go to level entrance -2,1
  If End 
Label End

(Add the level entrances manually. The first one is to the inventory room, the second to prior location.)
5. Click "Okay", "Okay", and add this script:
Equipment 0,4,20001
(It should say "Equipment Swap Command Inventory". It will probably be easier for you to add this manually)

That's all. Put a few accessory slots/weapon slots/shield slots in the inventory room, and you can customize when you get the inventory. But that's all up to you. Good Luck!
11-14-2008 at 09:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
Is it just me or is level 1 much harder and unforgiving than level 2? At the start I had to optimize a lot in order to move on, but killing those sand guys and sand guards in level 2 was simple.

Stats on killing the 2nd Lich:

Stats on beginning level 3:

[Last edited by MeckMeck GRE at 11-15-2008 11:30 AM]
11-15-2008 at 11:26 AM
mxvladi
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
Is it just me or is level 1 much harder and unforgiving than level 2?

Yep, it's true. I just can't make level 2 as hard as level 1. It's quite simple to make hard levels when the character has low stats, but then I can't make hard levels... :weep

Also, thanks for the script, mr. someone else! I'll place it in the hold when I have an acess to DROD(I'm on other computer now). :D
11-15-2008 at 02:01 PM
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
Don't worry. Just give your bosses some more HP and remove a yellow key somewhere and voila: the player can't run around with a dozen keys and 1000 somewhat HP without optimizing. As for this particular level 2: It's good that it's that easy, because level 3 seems to be hard again and so optimizing in level 2 isn't useless at all.

[Last edited by MeckMeck GRE at 11-15-2008 02:05 PM]
11-15-2008 at 02:03 PM
Blondbeard
I found level 1 the easiest.
11-15-2008 at 04:20 PM
mxvladi
New version. Added inventory(12 item slots inside). Added credits. Added some minor changes in the levels.
11-16-2008 at 02:17 PM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : Cludo's dungeon
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com