Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : Insane Challenge (For Hardcore DRODders only!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Insane Challenge (0)  
C h a l l e n g e !
 Dugan's Dungeon: The Whole Damn Thing 

By now, many people know that you can record multi-room demos, and in fact you can record a demo of an entire level. My challenge is to play all of Dugan's consecutively, without dying, without restoring, and without breaking for food or sleep. Having your minions bring you meat on a stick is acceptable.

There's actually an easy but time-consuming way to do this without cheating. Can you find it?

First person to upload a full set of whole-level demos that indicate game completion in one sitting wins. For ye who don't know how to record multi-room demos:

If you press F5 you'll see a dialog window for naming your demo. After you give it whatever name you want, and press Okay, the demo begins recording. If you walk to another room, the demo will continue. Recording will stop when a) you die, or b) you leave the level.

04-02-2004 at 09:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
icon Re: Insane Challenge (0)  
I'm not insane enough to actually take on this challenge, but:

DiMono wrote:
There's actually an easy but time-consuming way to do this without cheating. Can you find it?
You've got me slightly puzzled there. :huh

04-03-2004 at 12:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
DiMono wrote:
My challenge is to play all of Dugan's consecutively, without dying, without restoring, and without breaking for food or sleep. Having your minions bring you meat on a stick is acceptable.
Wow, this *might* be possible in a 24-hour ironman marathon. The meat part sounds good though. For anyone that wants to attempt going through all of Dugan's Dungeon again, I'd recommend waiting for 2.0 to come out first. It'll add a few stats so all you die-harders can vie for who beat Dugan's the best way possible. Unless you're like our esteemed Clayton. He could go through KDD again (for the 327th time?!) just for fun. Tonight. This evening, in fact.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-03-2004 at 04:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Drizzo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 179
So here's my guess on the easy but time consuming way: Follow all my single room demos exactly? No thank you, sir. I'll live on the edge of my seat... and choose to ignore this challenge, except as another place to waste precious data space with meaningless ramblings.
---------
Edit: realized easy means lack of intense effort. Going that long without sleep would not require intense effort. thus to easily complete this task I do believe one would need a supply of amphetamines, cocaine, or just a whole lot of coffee and a syringe. And I choose to consider the pizza delivery boy as a minion... I imagine putting a pizza on a stick might be dificult but doable if you tip well enough.

Still not attempting this.

[Edited by Drizzo on 04-03-2004 at 04:51 AM GMT]

04-03-2004 at 05:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
Well I assume that DROD takes the time off the windows clock, so the easy way, I think, would be to simply change the windows clock every time you die so that it appears that you start the next demo staight after. Easy, but very time consumuing. :yes
09-08-2004 at 04:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
wackhead_uk wrote:
Well I assume that DROD takes the time off the windows clock, so the easy way, I think, would be to simply change the windows clock every time you die so that it appears that you start the next demo staight after. Easy, but very time consumuing. :yes
Mmm, also cheating. It's gotta be in the form of full level demos, my friend.

09-09-2004 at 02:04 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : Insane Challenge (For Hardcore DRODders only!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com