Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Build accessory/weapon/armor slot (on ground)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1300
IP: Logged
icon Build accessory/weapon/armor slot (on ground) (+1)  
I was looking for a way to put a slot on the ground after you pick a custom weapon up, and the best I could find was to put a slot under the weapon so that once you picked it up, there was a slot open there. Could these three be added to the build menu?
10-11-2008 at 08:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insane
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
icon Re: Build accessory/weapon/armor slot (on ground) (0)  
Wouldn't it be better to have scripted weapons/shields/accessories leave behind slots by default?
10-11-2008 at 08:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
No, because then you couldn't supply extra slots.
10-11-2008 at 08:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3118
I think what Insane means is that even though it'd be nice to be able to build empty slots via scripting, the *root* of Someone Else's problem is that there appears to be no way to place custom equipment on the ground and have it act exactly like normal equipment in regards to right-click, walking over it, etc. It only becomes normal equipment when you leave it on the ground by swapping it for something else.

So really, both requests are important - being able to build Empty Slots via scripting, and being able to place Custom Equipment as equipment, and not have to script an NPC to give you it (which is unable to replicate everything a normal piece of equipment on the ground would do anyways).
10-11-2008 at 09:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
I agree. If there was something in the "Character" interface that allowed the base character type to be equipment...
10-11-2008 at 09:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
How about Place Equipment, which works like the Equipment command, except it can't be used for CMDs and places the equipment item on the ground? That would probably be the best way to go about this.

[Last edited by Sillyman at 10-12-2008 01:07 AM]
10-12-2008 at 01:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Someone Else wrote:
I was looking for a way to put a slot on the ground after you pick a custom weapon up, and the best I could find was to put a slot under the weapon so that once you picked it up, there was a slot open there. Could these three be added to the build menu?
It's an oversight that these three slot build options weren't included. I'll add this in the next build.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-12-2008 at 05:00 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Build accessory/weapon/armor slot (on ground)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com