Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Various requests (An-orthoSquares, Aumtlich beam usage while being player, and more...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Potato1994
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Various requests (0)  
I think the opposite of an orthosquare should be created, i mean it allows you to move diagonally only. It would allow many new puzzles, also using the beam when being an aumtlich, creature producing vats (They produce something while in game), a type of fire that would burn briars and everything 1 space away for a given time, teleporters, like tunnels but without the need to be in line, Floor eating stuff, it eats away the floor like crazy oremites or something.

10-06-2008 at 02:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1306
icon Re: Various requests (+1)  
Most of these have been suggested before, and, after discussion, rejected in their respective threads. It probably isn't too hard to find some of them, and if you read those you may gain some insight into the game and the community. But explain this floor eating stuff more. What would it leave behind? Pit? Water? How quickly would it expand? In the future, it would be helpful to fully explain your ideas better in your first post, because then people are more likely to like your ideas. And it wouldn't hurt to do a quick search before posting, either, so that people (like me) who have been around for a long time don't get annoyed (I know, the forum search isn't great, but it does work some of the time).

Also, it is nice (for people replying) if you separate your ideas into different threads.

I'm sorry for sounding so harsh at first.

[Last edited by Someone Else at 10-09-2008 06:50 AM]
10-06-2008 at 06:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Various requests (0)  
I think that perhaps we ought to be less aggressive towards new player's requests such as these. For those of us who have been around for years, I guess certain requests may seem repetitive but at the same time, I feel it's good to see newer players (potentially 14 by the nick) showing a passion for the game.

We're not trying to create a knowledgebase where every repeated statement could mar the path of enlightenment.

Just a thought really but mostly because I see more posts attacking a thought than presenting one - all this in a thread which sounds like it's a place to be novel.
10-09-2008 at 05:37 AM
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
Syntax wrote:
I think that perhaps we ought to be less aggressive towards new player's requests such as these. For those of us who have been around for years, I guess certain requests may seem repetitive but at the same time, I feel it's good to see newer players (potentially 14 by the nick) showing a passion for the game.

We're not trying to create a knowledgebase where every repeated statement could mar the path of enlightenment.

Just a thought really but mostly because I see more posts attacking a thought than presenting one - all this in a thread which sounds like it's a place to be novel.

I agree that happens a lot, but I don't think this was an attack so much as pointing out which ideas are already 'stale' and asking for more details on the one idea we haven't heard before. Which is the best way to get to something likely to be of interest. I'd be curious how this floor eating substance would work too.

10-09-2008 at 06:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1306
Actually, I agree with Syntax on this one. I was too harsh. I've toned down my original post.
10-09-2008 at 06:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Various requests (0)  
Someone Else wrote:
Actually, I agree with Syntax on this one. I was too harsh. I've toned down my original post.
As you know, this was never a personal attack whatsoever and I'm very glad you understood my point.

[EDIT]

And to whoever -5'd me, well done. You obviously missed the point

[Last edited by Syntax at 10-09-2008 06:24 PM]
10-09-2008 at 07:55 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Various requests (An-orthoSquares, Aumtlich beam usage while being player, and more...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com