Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Deleting attachments with Opera (Didn't work?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pekka
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 302
IP: Logged
icon Deleting attachments with Opera (0)  
I updated my attachments in the thread on my hold, Abel's Hold, in DROD Architecture board just a while ago. This involved deleting two attachment and adding one.

I could not delete an attachment when using Opera 9.52 with Windows XP. After two tries I started up IE 7 instead, and it allowed me to delete the attachments. With Opera I didn't even get the confirmation dialog. It just seemed to hang when loading the URL with the delete attachment action.

Is this something that happens to other Opera users? Should I test this in more detail?
10-02-2008 at 07:01 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3264
icon Re: Guess the Screenshot! (0)  
Testing with a meaningless text file...

edit: Yep, I couldn't delete the attachment in Opera either (Vista+9.52). Just an empty deleteattachment page that didn't go anywhere. IE had no problems, as reported.

[Last edited by Doom at 10-08-2008 11:40 PM]
10-02-2008 at 08:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
icon Re: Deleting attachments with Opera (0)  
Not terribly surprising, since the onclick javascript function detects Opera as a special case and just returns true without asking, and without passing the magic variable that presumably tells the deleteattachment page to go ahead and delete the attachment -_-

To fix it, you could replace the confirmLink function with this:
    return confirm('Are you sure you want to\n' + theQuery);
and fix deleteattachment.php to not require the is_js_confirmed var. It's unnecessary; returning false from confirmLink will cause the link to not get followed anyway.
10-03-2008 at 05:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Deleting attachments with Opera (Didn't work?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com