Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Sword is strong against...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
underscorpion
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged
icon Sword is strong against... (0)  
Hi.
In Imperative, you have "Strong against goblins" and "Strong against wyrms". And, my question is, what about "Strong against <you can place character name here>"? It would be a list of all hold characters (like in character main window - at the right) :)
Then, you could make swords like "Roach Smiter" or "Slayer Smiter" or... whatever :P You could choose more than one of characters (no in one command, but in several of them of course) ;)

-=Sorry for my English :P=-
09-30-2008 at 08:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Sword is strong against... (0)  
From one side, I think this is quite good solution.
But then, when I imagine these holds people will make... The horror... The hell... Below the ninth circle mind you :)
Like everything else, that would be exploitable (Well, I am one of the exploiters either way) but I honestly think that's not bad solution.

09-30-2008 at 09:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
Seconding this request.

Oh, and if X Weakness is used on monsters, it makes them share the same weaknesses as the selected monster. If you do that, you could even take out the standard weaknesses.

10-01-2008 at 12:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mechadragon
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
Why not change it to the more generic (x% damage against monster/monster class y)?
10-01-2008 at 12:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
Mechadragon wrote:
Why not change it to the more generic (x% damage against monster/monster class y)?

Hmm... I like this idea. Implement the "monster class" bit by making monsters with this command set to another monster take the boosted damage that would be done to that monster, and then apply THEIR percentage to that. For more win, let X be a variable.

10-01-2008 at 12:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Sword is strong against... (+1)  
This was eventually implemented as _MyWeakness. https://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=45774

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 06-11-2023 08:33 AM]
06-11-2023 at 08:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Sword is strong against...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com