Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Tendry's Tale : Rule 4: Honor : 1 North, 3 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
wiseoldman
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
IP: Logged
icon Tendry's Tale : Rule 4: Honor : 1 North, 3 East (0)  
Obviously, I need to drop some trapdoors someplace... problem is I have dropped quite a few and, in going back over all rooms I can't find anymore. Is there a not so obvious trap door(s) that I have missed is some room?

[Last edited by wiseoldman at 09-18-2008 03:02 PM]
09-18-2008 at 03:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Rule 4: Honor : 1 North, 3 East (+1)  
There is exactly one trapdoor in that room.

When you drop all trapdoors in a room, red doors are toggled.

To get there, though...
Click here to view the secret text

09-18-2008 at 03:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wiseoldman

File: HONOR 1N3E.gif (389.9 KB)
Downloaded 53 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Rule 4: Honor : 1 North, 3 East (0)  
where is the rock golem?
09-18-2008 at 06:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3118
wiseoldman wrote:
where is the rock golem?

See the NE corner of the room you're in? It's blocked by something that turns to face you as you approach it.

Kill it.

Of course, if you're having trouble killing it, then that's another problem entirely... you're really going to need a lot of ATK....
09-18-2008 at 06:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wiseoldman
I tried that and was told I can't kill him. Don't see anyway to gather more ATK. Really a shame we can't see how someone else solve the level. But I guess that is asking too much.

Maybe someone can "suggest" a route to take to finish the level, e.g. Entrance => 1E => 2E => etc.
09-18-2008 at 06:31 PM
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3118
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Rule 4: Honor : 1 North, 3 East (+3)  
wiseoldman wrote:
I tried that and was told I can't kill him. Don't see anyway to gather more ATK. Really a shame we can't see how someone else solve the level. But I guess that is asking too much.

Maybe someone can "suggest" a route to take to finish the level, e.g. Entrance => 1E => 2E => etc.

Some analysis of this problem follows in secret tags. But bear in mind that it basically boils down to one of two solutions: either you must revisit the previous levels, or you must *reload* from an earlier save.

Keep a look out for rooms on your minimap that are coloured yellow - that means you left power ups in those rooms, and it may be a good idea to return and get them. Also, figuring out where certain power ups are may give you cause to restart the game - for example:

So be prepared to explore some more - it's necessary to your survival.
09-18-2008 at 07:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Rule 4: Honor : 1 North, 3 East (+2)  
OK. Here's route I used:

Hoping this will help. NOte that I had a lot of poitons when I started fourth level, so... OK, if you need more help, just ask. :) Oh, and if you feel you could miss something on level 3 - better to return there. There's
and a lot of HP poitons, attack bonuses...

EDIT: Aww, post collision! OK, my post is pretty helpful, too. :)

[Last edited by mxvladi at 09-18-2008 07:28 PM]
09-18-2008 at 07:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
wiseoldman
I do have the bronze shield. And I did find the secret room with LOTS of HP. so, I will look at your solution and see what I can do. But I only have 67 ATK ... guess I better start Honor over and see if I can increase that to 69+

Thanks
09-18-2008 at 08:20 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Um...you should be able to backtrack to all of the power gems. HP may be another issue, but I can't think of any reason you can't pick up the power ups.

09-19-2008 at 02:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
wiseoldman wrote:
guess I better start Honor over and see if I can increase that to 69+
I agree with zex -- you don't need to start over -- just walk back to the areas you've been before, including possibly back down the stairs to the earlier levels, and mop up any treasures you skipped before. They will still be there waiting for you.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
09-19-2008 at 03:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
wiseoldman
ok, went back to Valor and picked up some more HP and ATK. Now, entering Honor I have 1410 HP and 59 ATK. This is much more than I had before so that should help greatly. Will try it now and see what happens.

Oh, yes. mxvladi told me to follow this route.

Entrance => 1E => 1N1E => 1N2E => 2E

Problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to go from 1N2E => 2E without going back to 1E and killing the goblin there. I assume this is obvioius so will do that.

Thanks to all :w00t

Oh, yes ... was able to finish Part 4 after getting through to the goblin sword and a few other things.

Seems like there is one or two ways to get through a level. With so many options as to where to go and what to kill, it makes this game very difficult to say the least. But interesting.
09-19-2008 at 11:59 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Tendry's Tale : Rule 4: Honor : 1 North, 3 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com