Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Beam me up Scotty?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
IP: Logged
icon Beam me up Scotty? (0)  
Here\'s an idea that could be interesting: Teleporters.

A square that when you step on it sends you immediately to another teleport pad somewhere in the same room. This could be placed, for a puzzle example, in an enclosed area with many monsters that you would need to herd away from the pad before you could teleport in safely to kill them.

Of course, there\'d have to be a few things figured out before placing it in the game. Would you be able to use them both ways? Or will there be teleport/landing pad pairs, where once you jump you can\'t go back that way. But, a potential problem would be the monsters- would they be able to use the teleporter, and could brains know enough to include a teleporter in the monsters paths? Also, if monsters could use them, what about snakes- would they end up half on one side and half on the other as they pass through?

Anyway, it could end up adding more problems than it’s worth, but I thought this idea might make available some pretty advanced room designs if added.

04-21-2003 at 06:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon Re: Beam me up Scotty? (0)  
I already think there is a similar request, \"Teleportation Tunnels\", found here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=530828&group_id=10939&atid=360939

However, yours is slightly different in the sense that you can enter it from all directions, rather than just one. This would probably cause a few omnidirectional problems though, namely the ones of the type \"We all can\'t fit onto it at once; who goes first?\"

Apart from that, it\'s an interesting idea and could very well be a potential addition for DROD.

[Edited by agaricus5 on 04-21-2003 at 06:13 PM GMT]

04-21-2003 at 07:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Beam me up Scotty?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com