Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Two New Requests
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
AlternativePuzzles
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 30
IP: Logged
icon Two New Requests (0)  
Number One:
Player Coordinates and Cursor Coordinates. Somewhat simple. This is located under the avatar in the middle. There's a line in between the two boxes, and the the player coordinates are on the left, and the cursor coordinates are on the right. Very simple.

Number Two:
A clock! Very, very, very simple. The clock is underneath the Coordinate box. On the left side, it would display AM or PM. Farther to the right would be the time, displayed like time normally is: hour:minute. In the Settings, there would be an area to set the exact time. There would be a box on the left that would give two settings, AM or PM, and on the right would be two more boxes that could set the hours between 1 and 12, and the box on the right allowed you to type in the number, with a note that said no numbers above sixty.

My speakies aren't doing so well right now. I don't know why that is, maybe I should type slower so I can understand what I say more reasonably, and be able to correct it if needed.

I fixed the title misspell.

Test out my hold currently in
architecture:
[url=http://forum.caravelgames.com/
viewtopic.php?TopicID=26578]Spike
Pit

[Last edited by AlternativePuzzles at 09-07-2008 04:08 AM]
09-07-2008 at 04:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: Two New Requests (0)  
By your request for a clock, I would assume you play DROD fullscreen. You can put DROD into windowed mode with Alt+Enter or F10, IIRC, as long as your screen is big enough to handle the DROD screen (pretty much a given unless you are on a superwidescreen laptop). If you knew about this already, sorry for sounding condescending.
09-07-2008 at 04:58 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
You can already get coordinates by right clicking; I don't really see the need to clutter up the screen with them the whole time.
09-07-2008 at 05:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
Many H&S posts could give more exact hints with a readily-available player coordinates box. I think this kind of feature would be more tailored to players without CNet (like me) that can't see screenshots with cute little "just move to the square marked 1" posts underneath. So unless Mr. Big Cheese DROD honchos are really against making life a teensy bit easier for uncaravelneted players:blush, I think it's a pretty good idea. :blush

09-07-2008 at 05:04 PM
rman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 371
Heh... you still can get coordinates of 1, 2, etc. on these pictures! (try selecting Properties from the context menu)

Best quote ever (TSS ending spoiler):
Click here to view the secret text

09-07-2008 at 06:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kyevan
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 54
rman wrote:
Heh... you still can get coordinates of 1, 2, etc. on these pictures! (try selecting Properties from the context menu)
I was working on greasemonkey script to automagicly grab those at one point. I should dust that off and make it actually work...
09-19-2008 at 12:51 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Two New Requests
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No