Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : A multi-hit character (A new look into the hated kind)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
IP: Logged
icon A multi-hit character (0)  
Well this monster would be more powerful than other creatures and would be able to break walls on his movement towards you. And you have to hit him twice (At least). How could a monster like this be beaten? Well he only moves half moves each turn orthogonally. This way he would be spread over two squares at the same time. Then his body is vulnerable the two halfs could each be hit at this time.

And to kill the monster all four corners of his armor would need to be hit. So if he moves vertically this first time and you hit his bottom left he would look like this:

AA
FF

With armor being A and F being flesh. But then if he moved horizontally and you hit him on the left he would have the top right side still covered in armor. After his armor is gone, he dies.

When he is in the middle of the two squares, both squares are impassible.

I wish that man would stay away
08-13-2008 at 05:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattduffy
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: A multi-hit character (0)  
I like it, sort of like a fat, short snake. How would he kill Beethro? Would he have a sword, in which case what square, or would he move onto you ala rock giants? Also, I assume you mean he breaks broken/secret walls, not reguar ones? :thumbsup

08-14-2008 at 06:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
I think you're giving him too much power with the ability to break through walls. I see it as a 1x1 monster with eyes that face in the direction he is moving. Since either his eyes make one sword-swipe turn left or right or he moves, you can maneuver around it and hit it in any direction the eyes aren't facing. It could also have a scriptable strength of its "exoskeleton"! It could be called a grasshopper or some other name of an animal with a hard outer shell. :? Maybe a little too complex?

08-14-2008 at 10:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
brian_s
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 587
I remember having an idea for a hard to kill monster. I called it an Iron Golem. It would check to see which direction horizontal or vertical was longer then try to move in that direction, but not try the other. If the two directions were equal, it would be confused and not move.

The hard to kill part came in when I decided to kill an iron golem that you would need to get your sword on it one turn and then if it stayed still, press wait to kill it in the next turn. In an open field, it would be suicidal to try to kill it with a horizontal or vertical sword orientation.
08-16-2008 at 11:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : A multi-hit character (A new look into the hated kind)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com