Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Corrupt KDD
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
JayS
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
IP: Logged

File: drod.err (25.9 KB)
Downloaded 56 times.
License: Other
icon Corrupt KDD (0)  
I just finished KDD and quit out before the ending was complete. When I try to restore, DROD crashes. When I press continue, im back at the entrance, which has no room on the minimap, and if I move out it crashes. When I look at KDD in the editor, parts of level 1 and 2 seem to be deleted. Some of those rooms are deleted only on the minimap, and some (2:2E,1S; 1:2N,1W)are completely deleted and cannot be accessed. They appear as gray squares. Before, when I was in Lvl24 Tar city, I noticed this. However, I could still restore. This bug does not appear in any other dungeon. What's going on?

[Edited by JayS on 03-20-2004 at 06:48 PM GMT: attached error file]
03-20-2004 at 06:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nillo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
icon Re: Corrupt KDD (0)  
Do you have any screenshots?

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
03-20-2004 at 06:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
JayS

File: Lvl1 error.bmp (66.2 KB)
Downloaded 101 times.
Lvl 1 gray room.

[Edited by JayS on 03-20-2004 at 07:12 PM GMT]
03-20-2004 at 07:08 PM
Nillo
You should really fix that preview-deletes-attachments bug Schik.

Edit: Dude, that's nasty. Hope it's fixed soon.

[Edited by Nillo on 03-20-2004 at 07:18 PM GMT]

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
03-20-2004 at 07:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
JayS -

Probably someone official will see this thread soon, but before they do I'd recommend you save copies of all your *.dat files before doing anything else in DROD - they may be useful to find the source of the problem and may be repairable.

03-20-2004 at 07:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
Isn't this sort of like what happened to Oneiromancer?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
03-20-2004 at 10:27 PM
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
And me. It's not the same bug, but it does bear a sort of suspicious quasi-similarity.

03-20-2004 at 10:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
JayS wrote:
I just finished KDD and quit out before the ending was complete. When I try to restore, DROD crashes. When I press continue, im back at the entrance, which has no room on the minimap, and if I move out it crashes. When I look at KDD in the editor, parts of level 1 and 2 seem to be deleted. Some of those rooms are deleted only on the minimap, and some (2:2E,1S; 1:2N,1W)are completely deleted and cannot be accessed. They appear as gray squares. Before, when I was in Lvl24 Tar city, I noticed this. However, I could still restore. This bug does not appear in any other dungeon. What's going on?
Thanks for asking about this and posting your error file. If there's a bug that still needs fixing, I want to find it. I'm not sure about this one, however. Could you zip your three .dat files and post them here as an attachment? I'll let you know whether I find anything.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-20-2004 at 11:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
JayS

File: strange minimaps.gif (4.6 KB)
Downloaded 69 times.
Sometimes I can make it out of the 1st room on the 1st level without crashing, but I could not manage to get into the third room. While in the 1st room, I noticed that on the minimap the 1st room appeared as a red square, but the 2nd room was displayed on the minimap correctly. While watching the 1st level whole-level demo, I saw that the demo only runs up to the 3rd room; it crashes when entering the 4th room, which is the room that appears gray in the editor.

I managed to get into the 3rd room. Also, in the minimap, the room is severed in half, with the bottom half being red in both the 2nd and 3rd rooms. When I tried to get into the 4th room, I got a formal error message instead of DROD just crashing.

Now I can't even get into the 4th room. It's as if there is no room there, although it shows up in the editor as a gray square.

Edit: Some bizarre minimaps to the left.
[Edited by JayS on 03-21-2004 at 12:01 AM GMT]

[Edited by JayS on 03-21-2004 at 12:15 AM GMT]

[Edited by JayS on 03-21-2004 at 11:30 PM GMT]

[Edited by JayS on 03-21-2004 at 11:40 PM GMT: changed attachment]
03-20-2004 at 11:14 PM
JayS
They're too big. Even zipped they're 2.5 MB. Is it unusual for my Drod1_6.dat file to be 11.1 MB or my text.dat file to be 3.5 MB?

[Edited by JayS on 03-20-2004 at 11:51 PM GMT]
03-20-2004 at 11:26 PM
JayS

File: Error Dats.ZIP (535.8 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
Here is my player.dat and text.dat
03-20-2004 at 11:50 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Drod1_6.dat will grow as you create and import demos and holds. If you've not added several holds, then the file should probably not be quite this large. I don't know much about text.dat, but mine's only 2Mb, and my Drod1_6.dat is about 7.5Mb with about 20 holds in it. Hope this information helps you out.

03-21-2004 at 12:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
JayS
I have seven holds currently, but I deleted some holds and the drod dat file didn't change.
03-21-2004 at 12:11 AM
JayS
When I modify the hold and change it to be under my name, all the offending rooms are deleted from the editor.
03-21-2004 at 12:20 AM
JayS
A possibly separate bug: When I played the Oversight demos, A picture of Lvl1:1E appeared, I heard an error chime, and the demo quit. Another time, DROD completely crashed.

Edit: I noticed that Beethro is stuck on the top-left corner in the demo.

[Edited by JayS on 03-21-2004 at 08:32 AM GMT]
03-21-2004 at 07:10 AM
mrimer
JayS wrote:
Here is my player.dat and text.dat
Thank you, but the data1_6.dat file is the one containing most of the hold information and is where the bad data lie. I won't be able to do anything without it. I'm not sure I can receive 2+ MB email attachments, so I'll have to devise some other method of getting it from you. I'll post a solution later.

03-21-2004 at 07:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo

File: Chunk.rar (42.2 KB)
Downloaded 64 times.
icon Re: Corrupt KDD (+1)  
You could use Chunk.

03-21-2004 at 07:18 AM
JayS
I've broken drod1_6.dat into 3 individual .zip files totalling 2 MB. Should I email them to you or post them here?
03-21-2004 at 07:32 AM
mrimer
JayS wrote:
I've broken drod1_6.dat into 3 individual .zip files totalling 2 MB. Should I email them to you or post them here?
Please post them here. Thanks.

03-21-2004 at 07:37 AM
JayS

File: DROD1_6 dat.zip (933.7 KB)
Downloaded 54 times.
drod1_6.dat 1
03-21-2004 at 07:39 AM
JayS

File: DROD1_6 dat 2.zip (650.7 KB)
Downloaded 51 times.
drod1_6.dat 2
03-21-2004 at 07:40 AM
JayS

File: DROD1_6 dat 3.zip (565.6 KB)
Downloaded 49 times.
drod1_6.dat 3
03-21-2004 at 07:41 AM
mrimer
JayS wrote:
Looking at the .dats, I have no idea what caused this. (Yikes!) Since no one else has mentioned anything like this, I'm hoping it's a one-time thing caused by one of the bugs I've fixed over the past few months for the latest patch. (That might sound silly, but I don't have any more leads.) If this persists after the next patch, please let me know.

05-20-2004 at 06:31 PM
JayS
Would be it be possible for someone to give their entire player so I could view the ending? I am currently replaying Dugan's dungeon right now, so it might not be necessary, but still ...
06-20-2004 at 06:38 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Corrupt KDD
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No