Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : New Hold: Loony Labyrinth
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Atch
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 81
IP: Logged
icon Re: New Hold: Loony Labyrinth (0)  
gds wrote:
However, the stairs sent me back to the start of the hold. It might be a problem with my install.
If it is a problem with your install gds then I have the same. I have downloaded and played through Loony Labyrinth twice since it went to Holds Forum and both times have ended back at the beginning of the level (only one in this case). Ironically the beta test version posted here in Architecture ended perfectly.

For me the same happened with the final level of The Oversight. The end of this level is about as tough as it gets in DROD and for it only to go back to the start of the level again is so irritating. You don't feel as though you have really completed a hold if there is no asterisk or build rights (if granted). I currently have a collection of 29 asterisked holds but it should be 31.

I hope that this bug can be tracked down and eliminated soon.

03-19-2004 at 11:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zzyzx
Rank Points: 74
Phew. Was worried there for a minute. I left the old orb alone when I edited the room. In hindsight I should have modified all the orbs that correspond to mirrored positions to close doors and otherwise make it difficult to get into the room. It would have been a nice touch to mess things up if the player got the positions crossed. :)

As for the end stairs, I think it is the bug again as well. I have checked the final stairs and it is set to end the hold, so I am not sure how to fix it...

Sorry :(
03-19-2004 at 04:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zzyzx
Rank Points: 74
Atch - I'll take another look at the hold. I didn't realize that the beta version worked correctly. That is wierd. I'm thinking, that if I can't get around the bug, i'll just post the anyone can edit version, and call it good...

On a side note, this has got to be frustrating for people playing the hold right now. :(
03-19-2004 at 04:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : New Hold: Loony Labyrinth
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com