Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : NOOOOOOOOO!
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
IP: Logged
icon NOOOOOOOOO! (0)  
I have just completed my first hold, The Oversight, which I've been working on for over a month. This ought to be a cause for rejoicing. However, prior to submitting it for this forum's approval, I exported the file and deleted the hold from my menu, just to make sure everything would work correctly.
It doesn't.
When I try to reimport the hold, I get this message:
ERROR: File corrupted.
The entire hold is lost. Understandably, I'm quite upset. Can anyone help me? The hold is attached.
EDIT: It works fine now. Removed broken file.

[Edited by masonjason on 02-19-2004 at 09:30 PM GMT]

02-19-2004 at 05:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
icon Re: NOOOOOOOOO! (0)  
Well, if this is the correct hold here, there should be no problem. However, you may have to do it over again.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
02-19-2004 at 06:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
I don't think I understand what you just said. Are you getting the same error message as me?

02-19-2004 at 08:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
And people wonder why I have several installations of DROD on my computer...

I just tried to import it, and got the same error message, so short of digging through the data of the file there's not much that can be done. Sorry for your loss, dude, I know how much it hurts to have to do your work twice.

02-19-2004 at 08:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
masonjason, I found a problem in the hold file and have fixed it. It's importing fine for me now. Where would you like me to send it?

02-19-2004 at 08:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
masonjason
Thanks so much! I'll PM you my e-mail address so you can send it to me. Thanks again!
Out of curiosity, what was the problem? Anything I could understand?

02-19-2004 at 08:52 PM
DiMono
The game was trying to import in ascii instead of binary

:ninja

02-19-2004 at 08:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Would that be my fault, or a bug in the game? If it's a bug, it should definitely be repaired for the next patch.

02-19-2004 at 08:59 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
There was an orb that pointed to an invalid square - (2, 97). No idea how that happened. DiMono, -5 points for you for making masonjason think that you knew what you were talking about.

You might want to go through all the rooms really quick and check them though - Just from playtesting a little to make sure it wouldn't crash, I found another orb that tries to open/close doors where there are no doors - First Level, 1N1E, the upper-left orb.

As for the *really* bad orb that points off-screen, I don't know what room it's in - it's hard to tell from the XML, so I simply removed the offending orb (it only had that one action). If you really can't find it, let me know and I'll try to backtrack through the XML to find which room it's in.

02-19-2004 at 09:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
jdyer
Rank Points: 329
Schik wrote:
There was an orb that pointed to an invalid square - (2, 97). No idea how that happened. DiMono, -5 points for you for making masonjason think that you knew what you were talking about.

This reminds me of the room I had that had with the orb that got disconnected from the door it was attached to. Perhaps there is some elusive bug in the editor?
02-19-2004 at 09:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
That's extremely weird. Last time I checked, that orb did what it was supposed to.
I've been over all the other orbs in the hold and they work fine. I'm not sure where the bad orb was; I didn't find a spot where one is missing, either.

02-19-2004 at 09:21 PM
DiMono
Schik wrote:
DiMono, -5 points for you for making masonjason think that you knew what you were talking about.
Heh. Never underestimate the power of random FTP babblings.

02-19-2004 at 09:39 PM
masonjason
Yeah, you had me going there. I'd better learn to speak random FTP sometime. :)

02-19-2004 at 09:40 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : NOOOOOOOOO!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com