Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Puzzles Galore (Our Contest for July)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged
icon Re: Puzzles Galore (0)  
Blarg. Looks like I've got too much on my plate at the moment, so I've requested that CSR host the poll. (and it appears I didn't hit the reply button soon enough, so she has gone ahead and done it already, Thanks CSR!)
07-22-2008 at 10:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
My point was not to trivalize taking credit for the work of others. That was one reason I kept my puzzle in the game and not just a jpg of it. I wanted to respect the copyright of the TCB creators. It is very serious to me if someone takes credit for something someone else created.

My point was to say in my experince with the users on this forum I have yet to meet someone who I thought would, with intent to do so, take credit for someone elses work . I saw that The spitemaster out of the hot seat. I might have used DROD characters and said here is a twist on an old riddle. I hope that would have passed your criteria, as it gives credit yet has a unique answer.

DanielFishman makes no claim to where his riddle comes from.
Tim said his was
Adapted from the Short Question, Long Answer contest:
but that entry has no referance to its origanator. brian_s said
One of my favorite types of logic puzzles is true/false puzzles, so I am submitting one I made for the contest.

Yet after playing each of brian_s, DanielFishman and Tim puzzles I could have sworn I had seen those same riddles somewhere else. That doesn't mean they were not originals. I didn't go searching for them so I don't know. The point is I didn't care. The idea was to give us some kind of puzzle or riddle to solve and for us to enjoy the solving of it.

I think we all hear you Tahan and will give credit in the future. So we thank you for keeping us sharp.

07-22-2008 at 10:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
techant wrote:
Tim said his was
Adapted from the Short Question, Long Answer contest:
but that entry has no referance to its origanator.
It's strange for a contest that people are asking for "origanator"s, but the reason why I didn't made any reference there, is that I've already did that before:
You have four sticks...
I'm glad I don't have to come up with a score for this, as it is mine.
It is certainly original. Although I made this one after reading some of those "bottles and water" puzzles, the 10cm difference must be new, as I've never seen this before.
I don't mind though. I wrote the puzzle so that it sounded like a classical puzzle. Personally, I think that a good puzzle should have something "timelessness" in it.

But it definitely is original. (At least, 4 years ago. ;))

[Last edited by Tim at 07-22-2008 11:01 PM]
07-22-2008 at 10:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
I didn't proof read what I wrote there, and to what I wrote I agree with you, Tahnan. That was a mistake.

I wish that man would stay away
07-23-2008 at 12:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
Tim I never saw that other reference, sorry. My point was that they sound familar, which was a good thing. I like that ...timeless feel... maybe you all should consider posting them on some of the puzzle brain teaser sites. :thumbsup

[Last edited by techant at 07-23-2008 05:19 AM]
07-23-2008 at 04:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Puzzles Galore (Our Contest for July)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com