Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Scores & Holds
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged
icon Scores & Holds (+1)  
We received a request from the support system inquiring about the high score system, and since what I know about high scores can fit on the head of a pin, I thought I'd see if anyone here can give a straight answer for me.
The Email Wrote:

I have 2 questions:

- How are the Score and Rank computed once I've conquered a hold?
- There are some holds 'Desert Plateau, Mark's Penultimate Dungeon) I've conquered and mastered but that I do not see in "Conquered Holds", nor even in the "Explored but Unconquered Holds" in My Stats page. Is there any possible reason? I've tried to re-import the hold, I've restored before the "You've conquered the hold" and done again the lats room to get the message, but without success.
Thanks for the help in advance!

07-04-2008 at 06:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeffrey0
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 44
icon Re: Scores & Holds (+3)  
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewsitepage.php?id=165531 has some info on the scoring system.

I believe the average rank is simply the rank of all your scores combined divided by the amount of scores you have. So if you completed a hold with 3 rooms on which you ranked #3, #5 and #20 you'd have ((3 + 5 + 20) / 3) = 9.3.

Both of the above rely on individual demo rankings which should be fairly obvious (move count or amount of moves until conquer token was hit if the room has a conquer token).
07-04-2008 at 07:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1547
icon Re: Scores & Holds (+3)  
Wrt the last question, the scores may have been lost during the spider troubles. I'd start by selecting those holds in the Location screen and clicking the Upload Hold Scores button in the bottom left. That can take a while on larger holds, so don't do it when you're in a hurry. :) I'm also assuming the person asking the question still has an active CaravelNet subscription; without that it won't be getting recorded server-side anyway.

[Last edited by Tuttle at 07-05-2008 12:44 AM]
07-05-2008 at 12:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Zorglub
Rank Points: 74
icon Re: Scores & Holds (0)  
Thanks for the link on scores.
As for the list of It's still not working. I did the upload of the scores, but it's not showing in my screen. Those holds are still in the "unexplored" section of my scores.
Any other think to try?
07-05-2008 at 09:43 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Zorglub wrote:
Thanks for the link on scores.
As for the list of It's still not working. I did the upload of the scores, but it's not showing in my screen. Those holds are still in the "unexplored" section of my scores.
Any other think to try?
This might be related to this post from Schik, the highscore system maintainer...

np: T.Raumschmiere - The Actual Vermona (Random Noize Sessions Vol. 1)

07-05-2008 at 10:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zorglub
icon Re: Scores & Holds (+1)  
I was able to make it work:
I deleted the hold. Imported it again. Worked my way through a room to make sure the result is uploaded to the server. Then the hold appeared as completed on the forum, it must have been able to link to my previously uploaded rooms.

Then if I wan to see the hold as conquerred also in Drod, I have to reimport my saved games and its fine.

07-07-2008 at 09:11 PM
Zorglub
I'm still have some issues with the high scores: The holds appear as conquered on the page, but the scores are not uploaded. I tried to upload the scores from the demo screen, from the location screen and from the player screen, but the rooms are never removed from the list of missing scores, and the score is not added to my total.
It seems the only way to increase the score is to conquer a room while being online.
Any solution to this or tests paths?
09-04-2008 at 02:16 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Zorglub wrote:
It seems the only way to increase the score is to conquer a room while being online.
Any solution to this or tests paths?
Well, according to this page there currently are 1575 demos queued for verification - if those are the ones you uploaded (it should list how many of those demos are yours next to it) you'll have to wait until they've been verified server-side for the demos to show up and be counted, which might take a while. (A few hours, probably...)

np: Markus Guentner - In Moll (Hannes Teichmann Remix) (Kompakt 100 (Disc 2))

09-04-2008 at 02:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Scores & Holds
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com