Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Napalm Bombs
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
IP: Logged
icon Napalm Bombs (0)  
Same things as bombs, just that the explosion isn't in real time, but it lasts 4 turns. When the explosion is occuring, all the explosion tiles act as a wall. So that means that monster can walk over or under (or left or right) of the explosion, which leads to different lynchpins :

* Create an explosion bridge for monsters
* Strike bombs over a force arrow with your sword to prevent adders to get into dead ends
* Create a bridge for seeps and manipulate them so that they all die after the explosion.

There are many other possibilities, also with Builders and Napalm Bombs markers.

Since it's napalm, there's only a main explosion, the rest is flames. So the orbs will be hit only the first turn.

[Last edited by vittro at 06-15-2008 12:29 PM]
06-15-2008 at 11:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Napalm Bombs (0)  
Interesting. I think it should last 5 turns, though, for consistency.

Hmm. What about orbs that are hit? Would they be hit each turn?

Just when I think I've seen everything, there's something new that comes along and piques my interest.

06-15-2008 at 12:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
vittro
zex20913 wrote:
Interesting. I think it should last 5 turns, though, for consistency.

Hmm. What about orbs that are hit? Would they be hit each turn?

Just when I think I've seen everything, there's something new that comes along and piques my interest.

Since it's napalm, there's only a main explosion, the rest is flames. So the orbs will be hit only the first turn. I will add this to the first post. Along with the 5 turns change.

06-15-2008 at 12:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
what effect would this have on water and other elements such as oremites?
06-15-2008 at 01:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
vittro
NiroZ wrote:
what effect would this have on water and other elements such as oremites?

Same as other bombs, but you can't pass through the explosion.

06-15-2008 at 02:31 PM
AtkinsSJ
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
A slightly different idea, but the mention of Napalm made me think that perhaps the bomb explosion could instead leave behind napalm, making all the tiles affected act as hot tiles.

[Last edited by AtkinsSJ at 06-15-2008 05:24 PM : Affect, not effect. ]
06-15-2008 at 05:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1306
I agree that it should leave behind hot tiles. But I am a little confused. Does it explode its entire radius the first turn? I think that for this bomb it would be better if it exploded like this (this is what I originally thought of when you said it explodes for 5 turns):
....... ....... ....... xxxxxxx
....... ....... .xxxxx. x.....x
....... ..xxx.. .x...x. x.....x
...b... ..x.x.. .x...x. x.....x

06-16-2008 at 12:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
vittro
Someone Else wrote:
I agree that it should leave behind hot tiles. But I am a little confused. Does it explode its entire radius the first turn? I think that for this bomb it would be better if it exploded like this (this is what I originally thought of when you said it explodes for 5 turns):
...b... ..x.x.. .x...x. x.....x

No, my idea is the bomb, just with another color and that the explosion isn't animated in real time, but it lasts 5 turns and it acts as a wall.

06-16-2008 at 10:57 AM
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
It would make more sense to animate it then use another tile to indicate the flames left behind... wait... I think it should either kill stuff or let stuff fly over it instead of being a normal wall.

07-11-2008 at 09:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Napalm Bombs
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No