Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Door master (Door puzzles for swordless player role)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

5.1/10 (8 votes)
σ 2.80
Author Name:Slava
Submitted By:mxvladi
Hold Name:Door master
Theme:Door puzzles for swordless player role
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:3
Number of Rooms:15
Number of Monsters:65
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.1)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Door master.hold (8 KB)
Downloaded 903 times.
License: Other
icon Door master  
This hold contains door puzzles for swordless player role. Some of them are rather difficult, some - easy.
06-08-2008 at 12:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1911
icon Re: Door master (+1)  
Here we have a small 2 level hold where you play as a character -- no sword thank you very much. The first level contains some fun, challenging rooms. Unfortunately some unintended solutions were left in and the second level only has 3 rooms consisting of a pp/door puzzle and 2 repeats from the first level.
06-08-2008 at 12:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
icon Re: Door master (+1)  
This is another small hold from mxvladi based on swordless player role. The first few rooms require some knowledge of how pressure plates toggle doors when multiple characters step on or off them. After that you'll be manipulating monsters onto pressure plates to help you. Some of these rooms have you trapping yourself, and relying on your previous set-up of monsters or mimics to free yourself - these were my favourite rooms. I would agree with Larry that the 2nd level is weak - the entrance seems awfully easy compared to the previous level and the other two rooms are duplicates of previous rooms - I think the hold would have been better without this additional level. There's a small bit of story as is the case with most of the architect's holds. It's nothing groundbreaking but it just adds a little more to the experience.

Overall there are some interesting puzzles on the first level but the hold is let down a bit by the 2nd level. Certainly worth a try if you've got a spare half hour or so though.

My Rating:

Difficulty: 6
Fun: 6

Progress - Gavin G
05-18-2012 at 12:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Door master (Door puzzles for swordless player role) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com