Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Big Trouble in Little Dugan's
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
IP: Logged
icon Big Trouble in Little Dugan's (0)  
Okay...this is a new one. I switched over to King Dugan's Dungeon to get a demo for that room on level 15 that is being asked about. On the Restore screen, I discover that for almost every level only one room is available. The exceptions are 1N on level 25 and 1N, 1W, and 1N 1W on level 17. It's usually the entrance room, but not always: on level 2, it's 1E (and I can actually escape to the hallway); on level 8, it's 2S 2E; on level 9, it's 1N 1E; on level 10, it's 1S 1E; on level 12, it's 2N; on level 14, it's 3N 2E; on level 20, it's 3N 1E; on level 21, it's 1S 1El. What makes it even stranger is that on every single room that I can restore to (not counting the ones that I was able to move to on level 2 and level 24), Beethro is in the upper left hand corner of the room, stuck on the wall. This is really freaking weird. The last time I went to Dugan's Dungeon was before the latest patch, and after the patch I exported and imported my player several times trying to get the end staircases of some old holds to work out.

Since I know that my dat files are too big to post, I'll wait for one of you guys to contact me.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-17-2004 at 11:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: Big Trouble in Little Dugan's (0)  
Wow, that's really bizarre and unexpected. I'm really curious to see if other people have the same problem, as it might deter me from upgrading to 1.6.5 :D

If you have an older copy of your dat file somewhere, I might try backing up your current one and putting the old one in its place, and see if the bug is still there. It might be a bug in exporting or importing characters under 1.6.5

Nice movie reference in the title of this thread, by the way. I wonder how many people haven't seen that movie yet...

01-17-2004 at 11:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Okay, even more problems. I went to look at one of my demos in Beethro's Dance of Death to give a hint to someone, and I discovered that my demo didn't play. Looking more closely, I saw that DROD thought that my demo was corrupted. I have checked several holds and all of my demos are corrupted. In addition, in Claythro Tower, I occasionally start in the upper left hand corner of some rooms, just like in Dugan's, but in this case all the rooms are available, and some start correctly while others start badly. In fact, one room has a broken up checkpoint X in that corner (the button-type one you can press from the Restore menu).

I already e-mailed Mike about this (although I forgot to mention that checkpoint thing), and he already has my dats, but I just thought I would mention this here anyway, so people can be warned.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-22-2004 at 08:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Thats really odd. I upgraded to the latest version and don't have any problem with restores being corrupted. I wonder if its the export import thing that caused it.
01-22-2004 at 11:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
joker5
Rank Points: 607
I see you're a fan of Big Trouble in Little China...

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
02-01-2004 at 06:21 PM
Sokko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 336
*cough*increasingpostcountwithuselesscomments*cough*

02-04-2004 at 08:36 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5064
Oneiromancer wrote:
I switched over to King Dugan's Dungeon to get a demo for that room on level 15 that is being asked about. On the Restore screen, I discover that for almost every level only one room is available.
Just to follow up on this one for anyone who's interested: I checked Neil's .dats and, following a crash, they've basically been zeroed. Fortunately, we believe that this is an entirely irreproducable event and should never happen again unless you're using Neil's data files. ;)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
02-04-2004 at 09:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Big Trouble in Little Dugan's
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com