Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Adder Combo (May mini-contest)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1299
IP: Logged
icon Adder Combo (0)  
Do you remember the contest where you had to make as many stabs in a row to a rattlesnake as possible? Well, here you're going to have to do the same thing, only it has to be against adders! You will be able to submit as many entries as you like, just as long as someone else has put one of theirs in between. Your hold must have a larger number of stabs than the previous hold. Also, you must provide a demo with your hold.

Rules:
1) You may not use clone potions/preplaced clones, decoy potions/preplaced decoys, mimic potions/preplaced mimics, speed potions, stalwarts, or guards.
2) You may not use anything that can be eaten.
3) You must stab the same adder every turn.
4) The adder must move every turn.

I have updated the rules, as explained below.

This mini-contest will end at Local Time:05-20-2008 at 01:00 PM, one day before the official contest deadline.

[Last edited by Someone Else at 05-01-2008 11:19 PM]
05-01-2008 at 03:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
icon Re: Adder Combo (0)  
Do you have to stab the adder head every turn?

05-01-2008 at 04:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226

File: Hungry Adder.hold (5.3 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Adder Combo (+6)  
This seems to fit the current set of rules...

1208 exciting moves of an adder running in a circle, eating roaches to survive Beethro's tireless snakehunt.

Demo available in the title screen (hold up or down to speed it up, not too exciting stuff really. should be obvious anyway)
05-01-2008 at 05:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Ooh. I think that in the intrest of making the contest go on longer, I'm going to remove the possiblity of the adder growing, so no monsters/tar. However, because I don't want to rob you of your extremely probable victory, I'm going to give you the full amount that you would get for winning (6 points, but not so imaginary).

[Last edited by Someone Else at 05-01-2008 06:44 PM]
05-01-2008 at 06:40 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Doom wrote:
This seems to fit the current set of rules...

1208 exciting moves of an adder running in a circle, eating roaches to survive Beethro's tireless snakehunt.

Demo available in the title screen (hold up or down to speed it up, not too exciting stuff really. should be obvious anyway)

I think that this could be improved on by putting an outer ring of tar (with mother) around the room. That effectively makes the length infinite. You can bound it by putting a clone in a two-square-wide area, one square of which is a pressure plate that closes the doors to prevent more tarbabies from being spawned.

Josh

05-01-2008 at 07:02 PM
Someone Else
I'm pretty sure that I said no monsters that can spawn, and mothers can spawn. But it's moot now, anyways. And yes, monkey. You have to stab the head every turn.

[Last edited by Someone Else at 05-01-2008 07:10 PM]
05-01-2008 at 07:05 PM
Timo006
Rank Points: 518

File: Snakes.hold (2.2 KB)
Downloaded 33 times.
License: Public Domain
423 stabs (I think) without the adder growing.

[Last edited by Timo006 at 05-15-2008 08:24 PM]
05-15-2008 at 08:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Adder Combo (May mini-contest)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com