Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Black gates have no toggle sound (Build 74)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mazer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 162
IP: Logged
icon Black gates have no toggle sound (0)  
When black gates toggle, there is no sound coming from them. All other gates work fine.
04-06-2008 at 03:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: Black gates have no toggle sound (0)  
The toggle sound comes from the CID_AllTarRemoved event... I suspect that preventing the "All tar removed" event from firing on a black gate rising also prevents the sound.
04-06-2008 at 04:12 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
coppro wrote:
The toggle sound comes from the CID_AllTarRemoved event... I suspect that preventing the "All tar removed" event from firing on a black gate rising also prevents the sound.
Probably so. Would you tell me in what specific situation this occurs?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 04-07-2008 04:51 PM]
04-07-2008 at 04:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
icon Re: Black gates have no toggle sound (+1)  
GameScreen.cpp, around line 3075 in CGameScreen::ProcessCueEventsBeforeRoomDraw, the sound for a door opening is played if any of CID_AllTrapdoorsRemoved, CID_RoomConquerPending, or CID_AllTrapdoorsRemoved is triggered.

Also, CID_AllTrapdoorsRemoved is also triggered when a trapdoor is added, in CDbRoom::IncTrapdoor. I would recommend creating two new cue events, associated triggers for script, and triggers for the sounds. It's the only way that doesn't whack backwards-compatibility over the head with a large stick.
04-08-2008 at 12:45 AM
mrimer
coppro wrote:
GameScreen.cpp, around line 3075 in CGameScreen::ProcessCueEventsBeforeRoomDraw, the sound for a door opening is played if any of CID_AllTrapdoorsRemoved, CID_RoomConquerPending, or CID_AllTrapdoorsRemoved is triggered.
I ssume you mean AllTarRemoved here, since Mazer is talking about black gates. If you recall, this should have been fixed by me for build 74. If it's still not working with build 74, I need a specific simple example hold that demonstrates the bug.
Also, CID_AllTrapdoorsRemoved is also triggered when a trapdoor is added, in CDbRoom::IncTrapdoor. I would recommend creating two new cue events, associated triggers for script, and triggers for the sounds. It's the only way that doesn't whack backwards-compatibility over the head with a large stick.
That's true. I'll fix this so AllTrapdoorsRemoved does not fire when a trapdoor is added to a room w/o trapdoors in build 75.

04-08-2008 at 03:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
mrimer wrote:
coppro wrote:
I ssume you mean AllTarRemoved here, since Mazer is talking about black gates. If you recall, this should have been fixed by me for build 74. If it's still not working with build 74, I need a specific simple example hold that demonstrates the bug.
It was a typo. The third should be CID_AllTarRemoved. But as I haven't seen the code and I'm not on Windows, I can't tell you whether the sound was changed. I'm thinking that if you made CID_AllTarRemoved not fire when black gates are raised, then there will not be a sound. Similarly for trapdoors.
04-09-2008 at 01:36 AM
mrimer
coppro wrote:
mrimer wrote:
coppro wrote:
It was a typo. The third should be CID_AllTarRemoved. But as I haven't seen the code and I'm not on Windows, I can't tell you whether the sound was changed. I'm thinking that if you made CID_AllTarRemoved not fire when black gates are raised, then there will not be a sound. Similarly for trapdoors.
Right. Which is why I'm requesting the poster of this bug report provide some evidence that build 74 has this bug.

04-09-2008 at 02:04 AM
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3118
For the record, it's happening on both basic toggles of the black gate. If you create a room with a Black Gate, a blob of Mud, and a Mud Mother on no mud, then the gate will toggle when the blob is destroyed, and then toggle again when the Mud Mother grows. On both events, there is no sound from the Black Gate toggle.
04-09-2008 at 03:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
TFMurphy wrote:
For the record, it's happening on both basic toggles of the black gate. If you create a room with a Black Gate, a blob of Mud, and a Mud Mother on no mud, then the gate will toggle when the blob is destroyed, and then toggle again when the Mud Mother grows. On both events, there is no sound from the Black Gate toggle.
I found the reason for this. It'll be fixed in build 75.

04-15-2008 at 03:53 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Black gates have no toggle sound (Build 74)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com