Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Troshian Tower : Third Level : 2 North, 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
IP: Logged
icon Troshian Tower : Third Level : 2 North, 2 East (0)  
Been stuck on every room on this floor for weeks . . . this one included. It seems obvious here that I am supposed to advance Beethro eastward faster than the guard phalanx moves westward, but this doesn't seem possible.

I never get further east than about column 10, and there's a half-dozen or so guards trapped behind the door. What's the best way to keep the guards bottled up eastward?

Thanks -
03-29-2008 at 09:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Troshian Tower : Third Level : 2 North, 2 East (+1)  
That which enabled me to solve this room (right now in fact. I hadn't done it before since it's a secret) was the fact that you can "penetrate" the guards. You can leave guards undefeted, so that you have guards both in front of you, and behind you.
04-01-2008 at 08:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2387
icon Re: Troshian Tower : Third Level : 2 North, 2 East (0)  
Blondbeard wrote:
That which enabled me to solve this room (right now in fact. I hadn't done it before since it's a secret) was the fact that you can "penetrate" the guards. You can leave guards undefeted, so that you have guards both in front of you, and behind you.

How would you go about doing this? It seems that the guards behind you will quickly turn around and stab you in the back.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
04-26-2008 at 07:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211

File: TT Third Level 2N2E Start.demo (1.1 KB)
Downloaded 43 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Troshian Tower : Third Level : 2 North, 2 East (+1)  
disoriented wrote:
How would you go about doing this? It seems that the guards behind you will quickly turn around and stab you in the back.
Well, I wouldn't really recommend that technique, it's way too much trial and error I think. There are some different tactics you can use to kill all guards, without letting the guards at the back move too much forward.
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Rheb at 04-26-2008 04:13 PM]
04-26-2008 at 04:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Troshian Tower : Third Level : 2 North, 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com