Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Underground Civilisation : The Civilisation : 5 North, 3 West (First time through this room, stuck big time)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
IP: Logged
icon The Underground Civilisation : The Civilisation : 5 North, 3 West (0)  
How to get past the five slayers in the bottom three-wide corridor? No sword direction or choice of moves can get me beyond the third slayer -

Thanks -
03-09-2008 at 08:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: The Underground Civilisation : The Civilisation : 5 North, 3 West (+1)  
You've done the hard part, just walk past the last two slayers. Remember, when Beethro is close by, a slayer has different movement rules. He doesn't keep following his wisp. Instead, he steps or turns or stops in order to maintain his defense or attack, if absolutely safe. In this room, it's best to stop wasting time with trial and error and start thinking about slayer movement patterns. Also, it's easier to walk past each one separately, without letting them bunch up.

Some different ways to walk past slayers:
Click here to view the secret text

03-10-2008 at 03:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
key-smiter
icon Re: The Underground Civilisation : The Civilisation : 5 North, 3 West (0)  
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
You've done the hard part, etc
If only. I cannot pass the third slayer, because he stubbornly stays in the middle of the three-wide pathway. I can walk by the first two, and I can see where the last two can be duped as well . . . but the middle one is clearly of a higher order of intelligence.

Than me, anyway.
03-10-2008 at 11:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
key-smiter

File: TUC The Civilisation 5N3W.demo (1.2 KB)
Downloaded 44 times.
License: Public Domain
I'm guessing my vague hand-waving depiction of my problem doesn't give much to work on. Here, then, is a demo of what's going on here . . . I can get seven moves deep, and #8 is a killer.

Any hints are welcome.

Thanks -
03-14-2008 at 11:28 PM
Rheb
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1211
icon Re: The Underground Civilisation : The Civilisation : 5 North, 3 West (+1)  
key-smiter wrote:
I'm guessing my vague hand-waving depiction of my problem doesn't give much to work on. Here, then, is a demo of what's going on here . . . I can get seven moves deep, and #8 is a killer.

Any hints are welcome.

Thanks -
ok, there's many possible ways to clear this room, so try not to lock yourself up on one way to clear it. You can't get through the room without turning your sword.
Click here to view the secret text

03-15-2008 at 10:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
key-smiter
Got it. Thanks for the hand-holding.
03-15-2008 at 03:41 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Underground Civilisation : The Civilisation : 5 North, 3 West (First time through this room, stuck big time)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com