Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Efficiency Stairs
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Nillo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
IP: Logged
icon Efficiency Stairs (0)  
There could be special Efficiency Stairs, that go to a Bonus Level if you won the level in par time, all monsters killed,
minimal turns taken, minimal sword swings, etc.
They would look like normal stairs.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
01-05-2004 at 11:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Efficiency Stairs (0)  
Could be interesting, but it would be unfair for them to look like normal stairs, you would never know that you could use them differently. Perhaps a special color door would only open up if you got there in a certain amount of time.

I wonder if this could be simulated in some way...like you can beat a room in two ways, but if you beat it efficiently you get to take one exit and if you beat it inefficiently you have to take the other exit. That would be pretty cool, and you don't even have to add anything to DROD to be able to do it!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-05-2004 at 04:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
You could always just make a secret room with stairs in it.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-05-2004 at 11:25 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
But finding a secret room doesn't have the same ring as solving to get to a secret room.

I'd feel mre proud if I did the hard way to get somewhere, then to do the easy way and open a wall.

01-06-2004 at 05:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Efficiency Stairs
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com