Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : The Monsters Cave Import Issue (TCB 3.1.0.54)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
IP: Logged
icon The Monsters Cave Import Issue (0)  
I've got 2 PCs at home (one for work & one for personal use). When TCB came out, I installed it on my work PC and managed to successfully download all holds and transfer my progress from JtRH. I've now tried installing TCB on my personal PC, but I'm having an issue importing my profile in particular relating to The Monsters Cave hold. I have twice downloaded all holds and imported my player and both times I got an error whilst checking demo integrity for The Monsters Cave. Although I have some messages in drod.err I don't believe they are related to this, as the last thing I tried was deleting all holds except The Monsters Cave and importing my player - I get the same error but nothing new in the drod.err file.

I have included the drod.err messages here for anyone interested:

Assertion error in line 1321 of .\CurrentGame.cpp: "this->bIsGameActive"
Assertion error in line 5022 of .\CurrentGame.cpp: "this->bIsGameActive"
Assertion error in line 6519 of .\DbRooms.cpp: "!pMonster || pMonster->wType != wMotherType || wTile == wTarType"

Progress - Gavin G
02-27-2008 at 09:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: The Monsters Cave Import Issue (0)  
martz wrote:
I've got 2 PCs at home (one for work & one for personal use). When TCB came out, I installed it on my work PC
:lol I want your job
02-27-2008 at 09:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
martz wrote:
I've got 2 PCs at home (one for work & one for personal use). When TCB came out, I installed it on my work PC and managed to successfully download all holds and transfer my progress from JtRH. I've now tried installing TCB on my personal PC, but I'm having an issue importing my profile in particular relating to The Monsters Cave hold. I have twice downloaded all holds and imported my player and both times I got an error whilst checking demo integrity for The Monsters Cave. Although I have some messages in drod.err I don't believe they are related to this, as the last thing I tried was deleting all holds except The Monsters Cave and importing my player - I get the same error but nothing new in the drod.err file.

I have included the drod.err messages here for anyone interested:

Assertion error in line 1321 of .\CurrentGame.cpp: "this->bIsGameActive"
Assertion error in line 5022 of .\CurrentGame.cpp: "this->bIsGameActive"
Assertion error in line 6519 of .\DbRooms.cpp: "!pMonster || pMonster->wType != wMotherType || wTile == wTarType"
Thanks for the report. I'm not clear on what actually happened when you say you "got an error". Do you just mean these error messages were written to drod.err, but otherwise everything was fine? I think receiving one or both of the above error messages have been fixed in the 3.1.1 patch. I'll be posting build 58 soon, so try installing that when it's released to see whether this works better now. If it doesn't, and DROD is crashing or something when you try to import your player, then you'll need to email me your .player file so I can install it and reproduce the bug on my end.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
02-28-2008 at 10:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
I'm more used to fixing bugs than reporting them...

The error is a Windows Error:

"Program Error

drod.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created."

Obviously, the log referred to here is a Windows log - I could try and dig it out if anyone knows what it might be called - I'm using Windows 2000.

Having said all this, I've found the following thread on the forum which may be related to this, although I'm not sure if it refers to the previous version of TCB or not:

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=18211&page=0#211402

Progress - Gavin G
02-29-2008 at 10:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
martz wrote:
Having said all this, I've found the following thread on the forum which may be related to this, although I'm not sure if it refers to the previous version of TCB or not:

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=18211&page=0#211402
Ah, okay. Yes, this looks like the same thing. When I post a 3.2 beta patch, you may try installing it and importing this hold. It should work correctly.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
02-29-2008 at 05:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : The Monsters Cave Import Issue (TCB 3.1.0.54)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com