Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Anybody well-versed in the history and culture of the eighth? (Need some trivia.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
cheese obsessive
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 219
IP: Logged
icon Anybody well-versed in the history and culture of the eighth? (0)  
I'm trying to implement something into my hold that will utilize knowledge of the eighth. But I really don't know much about it, nor do I know where to look. So if anyone is interested in helping me out with this, PM me and I'll explain exactly what I'm trying to do.
02-25-2008 at 09:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Anybody well-versed in the history and culture of the eighth? (+1)  
I don't really follow the history and culture much, but there's a good reference guide here.
02-25-2008 at 11:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
cheese obsessive
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 219
icon Re: Anybody well-versed in the history and culture of the eighth? (0)  
Syntax wrote:
I don't really follow the history and culture much, but there's a good reference guide here.

How did I miss this?

And now I know.

I just need to consult some Eighth scholars for...further information.

So who is an Eighth scholar?
02-25-2008 at 11:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
Well, Beethro Budkin, for one.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

02-26-2008 at 12:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
There's also Bombus Gadhan. There's also Bruntcheif. Many people in Mellenfral are also scholars, but we never get to meet any that have distinct relations with it. (Actively saying they were born there.) Aside from that, there aren't many scholars in The Eighth.

02-26-2008 at 03:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Mr. Slice wrote:
Aside from that, there aren't many scholars in The Eighth.
I think the best Eighth scholar is in fact an overgrounder, and goes by the name of eytanz (though, last I heard, he was busy compiling the history of Yorganfrall).
02-26-2008 at 03:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Anybody well-versed in the history and culture of the eighth? (+2)  
Well, it's sort of difficult to get hold of an Eighth scholar - The problem with Mellenfral scholars is that they rarely leave Mellenfral and there is no good internet connection there, so they can't post on the forums.

The Empire is devoted to knowledge, but the great library is currently undergoing renovations to fix a briar problem.

Of the other people mentioned in the thread, Beethro would probably be rather offended by the fact you called him a scholar. He's a man of action, not of books.

Bombus Gadhan and the bruntchief are administrators in the smitemaster's guild and the DAA respectively (bruntchief, by the way, is a job title, not a name; he's a surfacer, so he has both). They are certainly not scholars, though they are both educated men.

Though not from the Eighth myself, I have had some experience in the past with collecting useful trivia about it. If you have any questions about the world you're not sure of, you can PM me and maybe I can help.

02-26-2008 at 07:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Anybody well-versed in the history and culture of the eighth? (Need some trivia.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com