Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Banshees
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
IP: Logged
icon Banshees (+1)  
Banshees are thingymagigs that float through pit. They can stay only on pit, except when attacking you. When you stab them, their ghostly bodies disintegrate into a floating powder. This powder is a temporary trapdoor. It will last until you leave the room if you do not step on it. You can spend an infinite time on a disintegrated body. Stepping off of a Disintegrated Body (that's what we'll call them for now) will make the Disintegrated Body disintegrate (again) and fall in the pit, rendering it useless.

02-19-2008 at 05:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
icon Re: Banshees (0)  
I actually sort of like this idea, but I'm not sure how you'd get much use out of it. It would be quite hard to actually make a usable path across a pit unless the banshees fit one of four properties. (Personally, I like suggestions 2 and 3 best, I'm just trying to suggest all the obvious ways to make this workable.)

1) a new movement type that is easy to manipulate with the sword, but somehow also dumb enough to kill even when it only goes on places you can't. You need to be able to manipulate with the sword since you won't be able to maneuver while you're crossing a pit on what are effectively trapdoors, and you won't be able to kill the banshees ahead of time to set it up. (Goblin movement is no good, it would be too good at avoiding you).

2) if the dust turned into permanent tiles instead of trapdoors, this would be less of a problem

3) if they were spawned somehow. Probably by something fixed with rapid spawning, similar to how waterskippers are. Otherwise you'd have the triple task of building a safe path to where you want to go, then chasing down the spawner... while maintaining a path back to your destination.

4) if the dust turned into a temporary platform you could use for say, 5 turns after stepping on it, after which it vanishes. Then you could cross short pits easily, and longer ones by timing when you eliminate the next banshee so you can proceed.

02-20-2008 at 07:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
icon Re: Banshees (0)  
I like number 2 the most. That was my original idea in the first place, but I decided to spike it up a bit.

02-20-2008 at 04:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Banshees
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com