Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Confusing Hold 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
IP: Logged

File: Confusing Hold 2.hold (6.9 KB)
Downloaded 73 times.
License: All Rights Reserved
icon Confusing Hold 2 (0)  
This is a small sequal to Confusing Hold. I played through it and needed a good half hour to finish it. The main problem of the hold is finding the correct path. Do you like it?

[Last edited by MeckMeck GRE at 02-03-2008 01:07 PM]
02-03-2008 at 01:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: Confusing Hold 2 (+1)  
I do like it! :)

Here are two easy-medium difficulty levels for maze lovers. The paths mainly involve red, yellow, black, and green doors with their sisters, as well as a few mimics and arrow rotators. The room elements are well separated, making it easy for the eye to follow paths between rooms.

6 Rooms A Confused
On this level, the rooms must be solved in a certain order. I liked how I could travel all the way around the outside of these rooms to see all the paths first. When I first conquered the rooms in the wrong order, I got trapped by some green sister doors and had to restore. I wish there were some checkpoints, so I didn't have restore all the way back to the first time I entered each room. The order in which I conquered the rooms was:
Click here to view the secret text

5 Kilometers an Idiot
I found this level easier than the first level. Getting into the correct lane required going forward or backward by just one room. I did not need to restore on this level.

Including all my mistakes, half an hour is just about right for the time it took me to complete the hold. Will there be more levels? :)
02-04-2008 at 06:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: Confusing Hold 2 (0)  
I don't know for sure if I'll do more levels, but it's quite likely. If I do, I'll add some maze puzzles which are a little bit more complex. 5 Kilometers is so easy, because there are no "deadlocks" like in 6 rooms right now. I should add some, along with some checkpoints. Maybe I'll use this two levels for the AlDente contest.

[Last edited by MeckMeck GRE at 02-04-2008 10:18 AM]
02-04-2008 at 10:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
vinheim
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 300
icon Re: Confusing Hold 2 (+1)  
I love this kind of hold. It's like in the style of FoG with all the different room entries and how you have to go through rooms several times to find the right room entrance.

6 Rooms a confused
I like what you call the 'deadlocks'. People can solve this with good deduction skills, like: conquer rooms that don't have deadlocks and find which way a room must be entered and dont block it with a deadlock. But for some other people, maybe a hint could be provided?

5 Kilometers an idiot
Funny title, the place looks more confusing so I'm glad you didn't add deadlocks, loving the mini story you put here, with the citizens walking the high path

Since you're making this for the Holds al Dente contest, maybe you could make another one named Confusing Hold 2 because I, for one, love FoG
02-14-2008 at 10:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Confusing Hold 2
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com