Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Sliding
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
IP: Logged
icon Sliding (0)  
I guess this isn't really a bug, but.....

When Beethro is pushed diagonally into a wall, he stays where he is, but when a mimic is pushed diagonally into a wall, it moves straight in as close a direction as possible. For conformity, I think this should be changed.

By the way, if a mimic is standing on the corner of a wall and moves diagonally inwards, how do you tell which way it'll go?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
12-22-2003 at 03:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Sliding (0)  
The mimic behavior can't be changed without breaking a lot of holds. Beethro's behavior can be changed harmlessly, I think, but I'm not sure that the result will be very intuitive - it will be more consistent, but most of the time there are no mimics around, and Beethro moving that way might be confusing on its own.

As for the mimic movement - it's always vertical.

12-22-2003 at 03:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Sometimes I make a mistake and press diagonal, and I have to replay a bunch of stuff, even though there was a wall there. It can be really annoying to not have Beethro slide. Besides, it's more realistic. Push yourself diagonally against a wall. Unless you are trying hard not to, you will slide.

12-22-2003 at 04:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
Besides, it's more realistic.

Let us know how your experiments with wielding a humungous sword against giant roaches, brains, and living tar go. Oh, and don't forget if you leave a room without clearing it then it will suddenly reset.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-22-2003 at 05:35 PM
The_Red_Hawk
Oneiromancer wrote:

Let us know how your experiments with wielding a humungous sword against giant roaches, brains, and living tar go. Oh, and don't forget if you leave a room without clearing it then it will suddenly reset.

Beethro's sword isn't that big - only about two feet long. That's pretty normal. And when Beethro leaves a room the monsters all become ghosts (which is their normal form) and press a button that only they can see, which resurrects all the monsters.

However, I wanted to point out another oddity. If Beethro leaves a room without clearing it, it resets. If he clears it, comes back in, creates a tar baby, and leaves, it stays cleared. So.....

Maybe you're right, Oneiro.

12-22-2003 at 11:40 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
Oneiromancer wrote:

Beethro's sword isn't that big - only about two feet long. That's pretty normal. And when Beethro leaves a room the monsters all become ghosts (which is their normal form) and press a button that only they can see, which resurrects all the monsters.
That's speculation - only the inside developers know about the regeneration procedure.

[Edited by agaricus5 on 12-23-2003 at 03:36 PM GMT]

12-23-2003 at 02:05 PM
The_Red_Hawk
agaricus5 wrote:
That's speculation - only the inside developers know about the regeneration procedure.

I meant it to be speculation anyways - just an idea, like in the tar metaphysical discussion.....

12-23-2003 at 02:51 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Sliding
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com